16

After a quick run down to Bondi we were soon at the lifeguard tower.

As I was about to walk in, Harrison and Jethro walked out, he looked at me and said "hey, you feeling better?"

I looked at him and said "Yes and I was fine last night too." I replied as I saw Jules walk in the tower. I tried to follow after her but he got a hold of my arm. 

"Amy? Can we talk?" He asked.

I looked at him a little shocked "I... I'm late Harrison. Maybe later?" I said. He nodded and let go of my hand. He quickly said bye to Jethro and left. 

I looked at Jethro and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"What happened between you two?" He asked.

"He started dating Alison." I said and turned on my hills walking inside the tower.

After checking the charts I realized I was on duty with Jethro so I radioed him to come back to the tower and pick me up. He wasn't far so he came to pick me up and we were on our way to save lives.

I did a lot of rescues which made sense seeing how busy the beach was that day. Nothing much happened other than the many rescues.

Around 6:30 I saw Reidy and whippet come down to help with putting the signs away.

"Hey kiddo, how are you? Better ? Didn't look so good last night " whippet said with a smirk.

"Haha I hope you enjoyed the show because I will never get that drunk ever again." I said handing him one of the signs.

"Good, because now you're a lifeguard and alcohol doesn't do you good in our profession." He said smiling. 

" I know. I'm sorry... l... was just going through something.... Won't happen again." I replied absolutely embarrassed.

 "It's ok happens to the best- wait going through something? What's wrong?" He asked loud enough for Reidy and Jethro to turn around and look at me with worried faces.

"It's... it's nothing. Don't worry about it." I said grabbing another sign and putting it on the back of the truck.

"No no you're going to talk. Because if you think we haven't noticed you and Harrison not talking you are wrong. So what happened between you and him?" Reidy said grabbing my hand and stopping me from picking up another sign.

"I don't know what happened okay? He just stopped talking and started to distance himself from me and then... then he came to the pub with her last night. Which is okay I was just stupid enough to trust a guy again... no offense." I replied.

All three of them looked at me and then faced Jethro, "Yea we owe you money." Whippet said and Reidy agreed.

"Wait you guys had a bet going on?" I asked don disbelief.

"What? No. Of course we did... not ahem.. have a bet on you two." Jethro said awkwardly.

"But on a serious note... you like him which we all know and he... well we honestly thought he liked you too so we are not sure why Alison is back." Whippet replied.

"Hey it's ok honey, to tell ya the truth you deserve someone a lot better... not that Harrison isn't good. We're just not sure what happened to him." Reidy said putting an arm around my shoulder.

I talked to the guys for a little longer, then we all headed back to the tower. After changing into my leggings and a simple sports top I picked up my bags, went up to the tower, said bye to the boys and headed home. On my way home I made a stop at the grocery store to get some food and other essentials I was running low on.