33

Amy: 

The rest of the day went by rather quickly. Before I knew it was 5 p.m. and Harrison was by the tower's door waiting for me to go to the icebergs.

I was sitting at the table in the tower alone, looking through a pair of binoculars monitoring the water and reporting any troubled swimmer to the boys down on the beach, when I felt two surprisingly warm hands on my shoulders. The contact made me jump and turn around seeing my boyfriend smiling wide at me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." he said with his usual smile.

"No, it's fine. Hot out there ?" I asked as I pulled a face and looked at his hand resting on my shoulder.

"Yea. boiling." he said.

"Yea your hand is burning a mark on my shoulder. Babe drink some cold water." I said as I passed him my bottle of ice cool water.

He gratefully took the bottle and downed most of it. "Damn, didn't think I was this thirsty." he said as he sat beside me.

"Yes you were really hot." I said as I put the binos down turning to look at his smiling face.

"Hot ay?" he smirked

"You know what I mean." I said laughing pushing his chair a little but he held on to my feet dragging me with him.

"Admit it you think I'm hot." he said laughing.

"Harrison, I must think you're hot, cute, adorable and definitely the best boyfriend ever otherwise I wouldn't be dating you." I said pecking him on the lips quickly and going back to watching the water.

"How much longer till Maxi gets here?" he asked.

"I dunno. He said 10 minutes, about 30 minutes ago." I replied looking at my watch.

He huffed and took his radio and said "Hello fellow lifeguards, more specifically Maxi who is late to work. Now that the truth about me and Amy is out can one of you come take over in the tower we have a date to get to." he said, turning to me and smiling.

I just looked at him shocked. "Hoppo would be mad." I said.

"Nah... you stayed extra so he wouldn't mind." he replied.

Just as he put the radio on the table Hoppo radioed, "Amy and Harrison you two promised me your love life wouldn't affect your work. No funny business up there" he said with a chuckle.

"It is not. She is watching the water and is staying longer." Harrison replied back.

"What are you doing?" I said grabbing the radio from his hand.

"Hoppo. I'm okay staying here if Maxi can't make it.'' I said into the radio making Harrison frown.

"No Amy, he will be back soon. I sent him out to do something for me." Hoppo said.

"Alright... I'll be here." I said.

Harrison sat down huffing looking at me sideways. I looked at him from the corner of my eye. "Come on babe... I've been a really bad lifeguard lately and I need to keep everyone happy or I'll lose my job." I told him with a soft smile.

"I know it's okay." he said as he got up and went to help the person who was by the tower's door.

I sat there for about another 15 minutes watching the water when Hoppo walked in the tower.

"Hi Hopps. How are ya?" I asked.

"I'm very well, thanks love. Hey so Maxi won't make it any time soon so I'll take over for you and you can go on your date." he said as he sat beside me and took another pair of binoculars.

"Wait, what? no ... I mean thanks but are you sure? Did Harrison say something? Because if he did, I'm really sorry he's just...." I started to say but he cut me off.

"Yes I'm sure. He told me that you were going to start swimming today and I want you to be ready for the race. You're one of our fast ones. So go practice because we need you to win." he told me as he looked at me with a sweet smile.

I looked at the older man beside me and smiled. He was honestly the best boss, not just my boss he was more like a father figure for probably most of us but definitely for me. He turned and looked at me "what are you waiting for?" he asked with a wide smile. 

"Nothing." I said jumping up and hugging him tight. "Thanks Hopps." I said as I ran out of the door to where Harrison was talking to Joel.

I ran to them and hugged Harrison from behind, wrapping my hands around his strong torso. "Heyyy." He said laughing, turning to look at me. "Hey." I said to him and Joel.

"Hey Amies. How are you? Did you find Alison?" he said, making a face at the mention of her name making me laugh. 

"Yup. we saw her. She was way too excited to meet us." I told him.

"Yes we're invited to a party." Harrison said with a fake excitement making the both of us laugh.

We talked for about three minutes until Joel was summoned to yet another rescue. When he ran away from us with a lifeguard board under his arm, Harrison turned to me and smiled. "So did Maxi finally made an appearance?"

"Nope, Hoppo took over. He wants me ready for the race." I told him as I intertwined my fingers with his and he pulled me to his chest. I rested my head on his warm chest "Do you think i'll be ready by then?"

"Hell yea. I'll make sure of it babe. You will be back to your fish self in no time." he said kissing the top of my head.

"I hope so. Ready to go hit the water?" I asked , looking up at his gorgeous face.

"Yea lets go. Do you need to take anything from the lockers?" he asked.

"Urm yeah actually just my towel." I said, squinting my eyes from the blinding sun.

"Oh I already got that for you. Well not your towel. I got you a towel." he said scratching the back of his neck smiling.

"Oh. you're the best!!" I said , kissing his cheek.

He chuckled and said "Hey come on let's steal the rhino from Joel." he said.

"What? No! Come on let's walk." I said taking the hold of his hand and dragging him after me.

We talked as we walked to the Icebergs but all throughout the walk, deep in my stomach, there was a feeling and to my surprise it wasn't a bad feeling. It was warm and fuzzy. I was excited! I was excited to swim. I was excited to get my head under water.

I took a deep breath in and held onto Harrison's hand tighter. He looked down at me and smiled.

Soon we were by the icebergs, walking towards one of the lounge chairs by the pool dropping our towels on the chair.

"Ready?" he asked with a wide smile.

I looked at the beautiful blue body of water and nodded.

A/N:

Hey guys!! hope you all are doing great. sorry for the short chapter, the one after this, which I am writing right now, will hopefully be amazing! I'm so excited for you to read it!! not gonna lie I'm kinda proud of it. :) 

Thank you for reading and voting!!