14

I heard a knock on my door, I knew it was going to be Max but when I opened the door I saw it was Maxi, Thalia and Max.

"Heeeeyyyy" they all said in union.

"wow . hey guys come in." I said, surprised. "Umm the car will be here in 5 minutes"

I said as I let them in and texted the driver that we would have extra people.

We talked for a little and soon after the car was there to pick us up, so we all went down, piled up in the car. About 15 minutes later we were at the pub.

I walked in the pub with Thalia still talking about a shopping trip we were planning to go on since she also agreed I needed new nice and cute clothes. We all walked towards the large table of my co-workers who I now considered as close friends, some closer than others. I saw Jules and Tulle talking, beside them two empty seats so me and Thalia took our seats while we said hello to the rest of the group.

"Heey ... you look absolutely cute tonight" Tulle said to me with a large smile.

 "Thanks . you too. I mean you always look amazing" I said with a little giggle. 

"Thanks love." she replied with a smile. 

While she was talking to Thalia, I started to talk with Jules telling her about the shopping trip. She agreed that I definitely needed a shopping trip since I'm always complaining about not having anything nice to wear.

Hoppo kindly offered to take everyone's order of drinks so there was only one person going to the bar table. I looked through the menu of drinks and I decided on a Mojito, typical Amy. Hoppo left to put the order in.

I looked around the table, still no Harrison, ok why? Why are you still thinking about him? You and him are only and only co-workers who are friends. Stop thinking about this guy.

I was deep in thought, observing the fight between my heart and brain that I didn't realize the many eyes on me and people calling my name. I was brought back to this world when Jules shook my shoulder. 

"Hm? sorry ... what?" I said shaking my head. 

"Are you okay?" Jules asked. 

"yea ... yea just really tired." I replied. 

"Okay. you seemed out of this world." 

"No I'm o..." I was cut off by Harrison and another girl walking towards the large table. Their fingers locked together. She... looked very beautiful.

 I felt my heart sink. Like when you have a bucket of cold water dumped on top of your head. Interestingly I wasn't the only one who looked shocked.

I heard Jules say "shit" under her breath. I looked at her questioning her reaction. She looked at me but didn't comment.

Everyone started to say hi to him and the new girl who apparently everyone knew.

He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back. What else am I supposed to do?

From the corner of my eye I saw Maxi and Thalia looking at me with a worried look on their faces.

After a few minutes of greetings everyone was back to their conversations.

I looked at Jules and smiled "so that's why he keeps ignoring me." I said.

"I'm sorry Amy... we didn't want to be the ones who told you because we didn't want to see you get hurt..." she said softly.

"Hurt?" I said looking baffled. "Why would I be hurt? We are just friends.'' I said taking a large gulp of my drink feeling the alcohol heat my ears and head. I need something stronger.