55

I walked towards him and kneeled beside him. I slightly moved him to see his face. He looked rough.

He moaned in pain, but it came out more like a hushed breath.

"Who did this to you?" I questioned as I dialed the number for the ambulance. They asked me a series of questions and said that they would be here soon. I also called Hoppo and let him know what happened, he said that he will be there soon.

I helped Jeff up and onto the med bay's bed. He hissed and moaned in pain and tried to say something but I couldn't understand what it was that he was saying so I asked him if he could write it down for me as I got a green whistle ready for him.

A small nod was all I needed to jump to a table and grab a pen and paper for him.

With shaking hands he scribbled something on the paper before falling back on the bed and closing his one eye. I reached over and took the paper from his hand and started at it.

"Help Amy" I read it.

I was confused, I looked up to ask what he meant but he was passed out. "Jeff? Wake up! Come on. Look at me!" I said in panic as I tapped his face trying to keep him awake. Thankfully the paramedics arrived shortly after that along with Hoppo and took Jeff to the hospital.

Hoppo asked me to stay behind to answer some questions and to show the police any possible tapes from the outside cameras while he ran after the medics to go to the hospital with Jethro.

The police asked a few questions about Jethro and if he somehow had any connections to any of the gangs in Australia or Sydney. I answered the questions to the best of my ability, it didn't make sense. Jethro had no connections to gangs, he wasn't in trouble with anyone, and he is one of the kindest people i know! So i have no idea who or why someone would do this to him.

The police asked me if he could check the cameras so we walked to the room downstairs where we have the computers connected to our cameras.

"Okay so i need to watch the footage from the last three hours." The policeman said as he followed me down towards the room.

"okay ... um... do you know who might have done this to him? I mean like I said he is a good guy. I haven't seen him do anything but good in all the time I know him." I asked as I opened the door.

"Honestly not sure but after we have a look at those videos we might find out." he replied with a smile.

I nodded and let him inside!

He started watching the videos and took notes while he did. There wasn't much I could do to help so I sat to the side and texted Hoppo to see how Jethro was.

There was no news on him.

"Jessie Pollak, does he still have a connection to his gang?" he asked suddenly.

"Um he is still friends with a few but no, not really!" I replied honestly.

"Hmm... does the name Stewart mean anything to you?" he asked again, this time turning to look at me.

The name sounded very familiar but I couldn't place it so I just shook my head.

"Stewart or Stewarts are a new gang here in Sydney. They've been around for a long time but they've been quiet. In the past year however, they started to show up more and more. They have beef with the Bra Boys and apparently Jethro now. See this guy? David Beetrad. He's one the guys that does the dirty work for the Stewart family. The leader of the gang used to be their older son, Chris or Chrisy they called him. He ... vanished a year ago. Probably killed. Now his sister is taking over. Alison." He explained.