Chapter 8 Two Sides of the Same Coin Pt. 2

That's enough, Irene. I heard Grandpa Oros speak and saw the apparition of him step forward. Let Julia prove herself once more. After all, they are the ones that finally broke the seal that I put on us. That more than explains that they deserve to show us how capable they are. 

Tch, you always take the other side, Oros. And what of the others, have you felt their presence? The apparition of our grandma stepped forward, who was shorter than grandpa with hair going all the way down to her knees and with a look of authority. 

I have felt the others, which means what I said still stands. James finally broke the seal, meaning our creator has finally awoken. So, I say let Julia prove herself so that she can use your magic, just as James proved himself to use mine. They'll need our magic to fight. 

Grandma Irene thought for a moment and then she finally gave in with a grunt. Fine, I'll let our granddaughter prove herself, but if she can't, it'll be your head, Oros. 

Fair enough. Grandpa looked back at me and gave me a thumbs up. Keep looking out for your sister James. She's lucky to have a good brother watching her back. 

"Don't worry Grandpa Oros and Grandma Irene, I will." I looked at grandma who crossed her arms at me. 

What is it, boy?  

"I'm sorry for back talking you and thank you for giving Julia this chance. She won't take it for granted." I smiled at her. 

Just don't make me regret it, boy. Grandma Irene looked away quickly, and that made grandpa laugh. 

See you later, James. Grandpa disappeared and so did Grandma. Once they were gone, the air felt normal again and I let go of Julia. She shook her head the moment she saw me and tackled me to the ground, weeping on my chest. 

"James, I'm so happy you're okay! I was so worried, and grandma was yelling at me. I didn't know what to say back. She's scary." She cried out. I just rubbed her head in comfort and held her. 

"It's okay Julia. I was able to talk to her and she told me that she'd give you a chance to prove yourself worthy of her magic. I'll be by your side to help as I've always been." I consoled her, and then I felt Head Mistress' hand on my shoulder. 

"James, I need you both in my office right now, we need to talk." She whispered in my ear, and I nodded. I picked up Julia, and we stepped out of the room to see everyone still outside. They quickly stepped back—some out of fear—to give us some space. I saw Jackal come over with the wheelchair and I put Julia in it as we walked to Head Mistress' office. Julia hid her face with her hair out of shyness and embarrassment. I couldn't blame her for doing that, especially after all that she went through when she spoke to Grandma Irene. 

When we finally got to Head Mistress' office, she closed the door behind us and locked it. I assumed whatever she was gonna tell us must be important, so no one was to enter. "What is it that you wanted to talk about Head Mistress?" I asked her. 

"Creation and destruction are two sides of the same coin, there can't be one without the other, or there's an imbalance in the world." She said as she walked over to her desk. "That is a powerful saying written in the Scriptures. Do you two know who said those words?" 

"I don't know. Father Alric has told me that it was a mage that fought in the war against the Archangels and that that was all he knew," I told her. Julia was silent, but she would've said the same thing. 

"Well he is half right; it did come from a mage back in the war against the Archangels. His name was Oros, and he was the Constructor responsible for creating the walls of the Great Bastille."