Chapter 18 A Fight Between Two Friends

I was relieved that Julia was able to make it to the finals, but now that leaves one more fight to go, my fight against Jackal. 

"It's gonna be our turn in a minute Jackal. That means we're opponents now." I looked back at him. 

"That's right, so that means we need to act like it," he said, looking at me with narrowed eyes. "What are you looking at you furless flesh bag?" 

"I'm looking at you mutt, I can't wait to kick your ass," I told him back. 

"Same here," He growled, and we stared for a couple more seconds until we couldn't hold it any longer. We both started to burst out laughing. "Oh man, I can't ever see either of us hating each other," Jackal said, wiping a fake tear from his eye. 

"Yeah, but remember what we promised, no holding back. I want to see what you can really do." 

"Don't worry, I've been itching for this fight ever since I met you, James." Jackal hopped around, getting himself pumped. 

Just then, they called us out, and it was time to finally have a good fight. We stepped out onto the arena with everyone all excited and cheering for both of us. I looked at where Head Mistress was, and she seemed very enthusiastic about this fight, Master Feng sitting next to her. Jackal and I got to the center and waited for Alice to come, and a second later, she came down. The arena shook with excitement as they all waited in anticipation. 

"You've waited for this moment, everyone, the last match of the semi-finals! Boys go to your sides, so we may begin." Alice instructed us, so we both jumped back and landed perfectly on our sides. "Okay....GO!!" 

I dashed forward, and so did Jackal, our arms colliding with each other sending a shockwave out and cracking the floor. Even using my rock arm, I could feel something hot coming from him, so I jumped back and looked at my arm. There was a scorch mark where his arm touched mine. 

"A Fire Mage?" I said out loud. 

"Close, but no cigar!" Jackal lunged forward and tried to slash at my chest, but I dodged his attack. The moment I did, I noticed little bits of lightning bolts come out of his fur, and then I realized what kind of mage he was. I slammed my hands down on the floor and created a wave to push Jackal back and give me some time to come up with a plan. "So, you figure out what kind of mage I am yet, buddy?" 

"Yep, and I know your kind specializes in close combat, so all I need to do is make sure you're not close," I replied, but then felt a hot sensation behind me. 

"What makes you think that you'll keep me away?" He whispered, and before I could react, Jackal jabbed my side with an uppercut and knocked me into the air. I couldn't believe how much power there was behind his punch, and he didn't even use any electricity with it. "Hello, James." Jackal appeared in front of me and was about to hit me again, but this time I reacted by turning my arm into a shield and blocking his attack. His punch sent me flying down to the floor, but luckily for me, the moment I touched it, I was able to change it to liquid and sink into the floor instead of crashing into it. 

Phew, that was too close. Alright, I need to figure out how to fight Jackal. He's way stronger and quicker to react because of his animal instincts, but him being a Lightning Mage makes his instincts even faster. So, the moment I come up, he'll...that's it! 

I jumped back up, and just as I predicted, I saw Jackal come at me with his lightning fists at the ready. "I've got you, James!" 

"Not this time Jackal." I created a circular slope that I was able to ride on like a wave to get over Jackal, giving a perfect view of his back. "Renewal Acupuncture Technique: Heavy Summit!" I jabbed his legs and the back of Jackal's neck, which sent him falling to his knees while allowing me to slide away.