Chapter 15 Round Two Pt. 1

I was woken up by someone with massive hands, and I could tell they were Justin's. I sat up and moved my headband back up to see just him. "It's time for our fight, James." 

"What about the others? Who came out on top?" I asked as I stretched. 

"Look behind me." He told me, and I did. I saw Jackal lying down getting healed by some of the nurses. His injuries didn't look too severe, so I didn't worry as much. I was glad he made it to semi-finals. 

"Let's go, Justin," I said, and he nodded. 

We stepped into the arena to see it look completely different now. There must've been a lot of destruction while I was napping because the field was filled with cracks, craters, and rubble. When we got to what we assumed was the center of the arena, Alice came over by broom and floated above us. 

"It's time for the second fight of round two! One of these two will make it to the semi-final from Evgeni's group; on one side we have a regular, Justin! And on the other side, we have the newcomer, James! You two know the drill, now get to your sides so we can begin the fight!" Alice said, seeing the two of us jump back to our sides. "Oh, so eager are we? That's exactly what we want! Ready....GO!!" 

My first reaction was to feel the rock around me, but the moment I touched the stone, Justin had closed the distance between us and punched me right in the face. The punch sent me flying, but somehow, he caught me mid-air and hurled me down to the floor, splitting the arena in two with me in the center. Such power and speed from someone of his stature, I couldn't believe it, but I couldn't let that get to me. I touched the rock around me and immediately knew what it was. 

This is granite, perfect! I'll have more control over this with my magic. 

I stuck my hands inside the two halves of the arena and pulled them out, creating two handles. With pure strength, I pulled the two halves back together, one side a little higher than the other. I swam through the rock and jumped back up to the floor. I looked around and immediately created a shield with my right arm that stopped a jab from Justin. "You think I'm going to let you do the same trick twice?" 

"Who says I'm doing it twice in a row?" He stated, and all of a sudden, I saw out of the corner of my eyes two clones of Justin jump out and kick me in the gut. I slid back and stopped by digging my fingers into the arena floor. 

"So you're a Golem Creation Mage," I said, spitting out a little bit of blood. 

"Correct, and guess what material I need to create my golems?" Justin raised his arm up, and ten more golems came up, all ready to fight. 

"I see now why no one has won against you, but," I slapped my left hand down and brought out a stone broadsword and with my right arm recreated my shield. I got into an attack position and got ready. "Let me tell you; When I bring out my weapons, that's when I show that I'm serious!" 

"I wouldn't want it any other way from you, James!" Justin snapped his finger, sending his golems towards me. We charged at each other and as we got closer the first golem pounced at me. 

Before that first golem had a chance to attack me, I cut it down with my broadsword. The second and third golems hit me in the chest, but I hit them back with my sword and shield. The fourth came from behind and held my arms, back letting the others take swings at me. That fourth golem lifted me up off the ground just enough to where I couldn't use my magic. For Creation Mages, they need to be touching the element they control with either their hands or feet, and Justin is exploiting that right now. 

If I could use the golems to get out of this, I would. But I can't, these are Justin's constructs. I need the floor! Just the slightest touch and I'll be able to knock all of them away! 

Thinking of a way to get even a toe to the ground, I quickly came up with an idea. I kicked the golem's leg out which made it slightly move to the side giving me enough space to put my toe on the ground. I summoned pillars up to shoot the golems away and I was free, but badly beaten. Those golems had cracked a couple of my ribs from their punches, making it a little hard to breathe. I looked forward and saw Justin walking over to me with a stone greatsword in his hands. 

"Get up James; I know you can stand up. My golems didn't break your legs." Justin motioned me to get up. 

"I see what's going on now. You let your golems do the dirty work while you were in the back waiting until you can make the finishing blow. And here I thought you were an honorable guy." I got up with my shield at the ready. 

"Heh, I've never been honorable. Being honorable just gets in the way from what matters more." Justin stomped his foot down summoning hundreds of his golems up with greatswords. "Destroying your opponents before they even have a chance to attack!" 

The hundreds of golems flew at me, but this time I wasn't gonna let them lay a finger on me. "And here I thought you were an honorable guy, but it looks like I was wrong." I put my hand down on the floor and a hundred small tendrils shot out smashing all of the golems and hitting Justin into the air. I jumped up to him and jabbed my fingers in his shoulders and then on his right pec. "So I'll destroy you from the inside for deceiving me!" We both fell back to the ground; except I used my shield to protect me and Justin just crashed onto the ground. 

I got up and changed my shield back into my rock arm. I watched as Justin got up and look at his mild bruisings.