Chapter 25 Farewells for Now Pt. 1

I looked at my watch, and it was past four in the afternoon, which meant the main classes were done a half-hour ago. Me, Julia, mother, and Sharon, mother's companion, were waiting by Lucks Heart's gate for Uriela and Jackal. 

"You think we should head up and see if something happened, James?" Julia asked. 

"What if we miss them on the way up? I say we give them another ten minutes before we go up." I replied. 

"Uh, I don't that will be necessary, look." Mother pointed up to the sky, and we could see something big diving towards us. As it got closer, we could see the shape divide into two different people, and we moved out of the way just in time as Uriela swooped down and landed gracefully. But Jackal toppled to knees and bowed to the ground. 

"We're never doing that again, next time I'll walk!" He looked up at Uriela, traumatized. 

"Oh, stop it! I told you to hold on, didn't I?" Uriela stretched her wings out. "Man, I haven't flown like that in such a long time, I forgot how much fun it is." 

"Fun?!" 

"Guys!" Julia called out to them. "You made it! We were getting worried that something was holding you up." 

"Nah, it was just that we argued on how we were gonna get to you. After a lot of pointless bickering, I just picked up Jackal and flew down, which saved us a lot of time." 

"Never. Again," Jackal exclaimed as he got his footing and composed himself. 

"Well, I'm glad you guys made it." I walked over and patted Jackal on the back. 

"So, these two are your friends you were talking about." Mother came over to Uriela and Jackal, who looked at her with confusion. 

"Why is Kaisa the Merciless with you guys?" Jackal pointed, and we both looked back at our mother. 

That's what everyone called our mother? Awesome. 

Uriela let out a little yelp and quickly hid behind her wings. "Wait, that's her, Julia?" 

"Yep, it is!" 

"Wait, I'm confused here! What is she to you guys?" 

"Well, guys, I guess now is a good time as any. This our mother." We quietly presented mother, and Jackal's jaw hit the ground as Uriela steamed up with embarrassment. 

"Wait, she's your guys' mo—" I cover his mouth from shouting that last part out to the heavens. 

"It's a secret! No one really knows, so I would appreciate it if you didn't scream it, Jackal," I told him. He quietly nodded, so I moved my hand away. 

"I just can't believe it, you guys." 

"I-I-I'm so embarrassed; I would've presented myself better if I had known I would see you, Ms. Merciless..." 

Mother just giggled at the two and walked closer to them. "Jackal Noel, my babies have told me about your sparky personality. I was also told that you fought against James in the exam." 

"Y-y-y-y-yes ma'am we did! No one has fought me the way he did, and when I'm stronger, I want to fight him again, and I'll beat him next time!" He told her. 

"I'll hold you to that, Jackal. My family members have all been strong fighters in the past, and my kids are no exception. I hope you're up to the challenge." 

"I'm up for anything, Miss Kidd." 

Mother nodded, giving Jackal a grin, and then turned her attention to Uriela, who was still hiding behind her wings. "And you must be Uriela Strauss; the two have told me a lot about you."