Chapter 36 Julia the Necromancer

Ester punched her way down until she got to solid ground. She looked around and found herself in a cellar filled to the brim with vintage wine and liquor. "Looks like we found your father's cellar, Julia. What do you want to do?" 

Leave it be. We're finding Father Alric. Tag me back in, and I'll look for him. 

"Alright." Ester nodded and tagged me back in. I ran out of the cellar and into a narrow hallway that had many doors on either side of me and one massive one at the end on my left. Trying to sense Father Alric, I was able to find him immediately and went to the door across from me. I found Father Alric tied to the boiler. "Father Alric!" 

"Julia, is that you I hear?" Father asked, and I ran over to him. I saw that he was horribly beaten and burnt on his hands and arms as if he were forced to touch something hot. What immediately came to mind was the boiler. I looked over to see the marks of where they put his hands and arms and slowly looked back. 

They pinned his arms to the boiler and forced him to burn.... Maya shuttered as she spoke. 

How could they be so cruel to a priest? Emma asked. 

"I'm so sorry, Father Alric! If we'd known, we would've come here sooner," I said as I untied him. Father put his burnt hands on my cheek, and although they were rough and scabbed, they still held the loving warmth he always carried. 

"It's alright, Julia, this is nothing and can be healed. We need to get to your mother because she's in worse shape." 

"Right." I got done untying Father Alric and helped him up. 

Julia, behind you! Amy shouted and quickly ducked and jumped to the side to dodge a bullet that hit the wall. 

"Dammit, I missed." Grinning Michael reloaded his revolver and clicked the chamber back in. 

"I'm glad you missed," Mortar said as she aimed her staff and fired a shot at the pipes just above me and Father that created a steam cloud. 

She fired off on purpose. She really must hate that she's fighting someone from Lucks Heart, Maya said, and I got prepared for the next attack, but they were faster to react as Michael was already in front of me. He kicked my face, and I went tumbling across the floor. 

I hit the wall of pipes behind me, and my vision went blurry, but I still could see the two hunters walking over. I did my best to shake off the disorientation, but when it went away, Michael pressed his foot against my neck, narrowing my air pathway. 

"Looks like your done, sweetheart, so be a good girl and return to your dear old dad. He's paying us well, and I'm not about to disappoint him." Michael leaned in closer to show his crooked teeth. 

"No, get off!" I pushed back the two with a shockwave, and they slide away in shock. Coughing for air, I just happen to look at my left hand and realized something. "Wait, you already know what I am, so there's no reason to hide it." I brought out my purple smoke, and with a clawing motion, I tore apart the air beside me and summoned two portals at my side. 

"Wait, what are those?" Father Alric asked from beside me. 

"These are what my Grandma Irene used on the battlefield during the fight against the Archangels. She called these her Specters, but I'm giving them a better name." Out of each portal shot out one left and one right skeletal arm, large enough to act as a full body shield around me. They thrashed around, bending and breaking the metal pipes as if they were an inconvenience of space. As they thrashed about, I took off my poncho, wearing a black tank top underneath, and tossed it over to Father Alric. "I'm calling them my Aegises."