Chapter 15 Round Two Pt. 2

"Ha, is that it, you just poked me? I guess you really just want to end this. Then let me show you what I can really do!" Justin raised both of his arms to summon his army of golems, but none came. Confused, he raised them up again, and still, none of his golems rose up. "What's going on? Why can't I use my magic?" 

"It's simple," I said as I wind up my arm and swing down on his face, sending him farther away. "I used a technique that my master taught me to stop the flow of magic inside you, which in turn stops you from using any of your magic. Looks like you finally lose, Justin." 

"That was spectacular! James advances to the semi-finals!" Alice announces and everyone goes wild. "And that's not all for the second round; we have two more fights left!"

The ends of round two...

After James, Uriela was up. She defeated her opponent with ease, and Kuma, the next fighter, also won his fight against his opponent. Samuel, a fighter in Julia's group, had a prolonged fight, but still won. And for the last fight of the second round, Julia destroyed her opponent in less than a minute.

"And that leaves James, Jackal, Uriela, Kuma, Julia, and Samuel who all advance to the semi-finals. We'll be taking a short break for the fighters to recuperate. We'll announce when we'll begin the semi-finals."

Up on the stands...

"This year is showing some promise with the semi-finalists, especially with the Kidd siblings! They both made it, and I've never seen such skill and talent from anyone before." One of the head masters spoke with the others. 

"What kind of martial arts was James using? I've never seen anything like it!" A head mistress asked, but no one seems to have an answer. 

A couple of rows up, Head Mistress watched and couldn't help but quietly giggle to herself as her colleagues discussed the two siblings. "It appears everyone has taken a liking to the Kidd siblings, huh, Feng?" 

Feng, sitting right beside her, chuckled. "And why shouldn't they? Out of all the newcomers, they are the only two that made it to the semi-finals. But I've noticed something while I watched." 

"What's that?" 

"Look down at General Meredith," Feng pointed down a couple rows to General Meredith and Colonel Roy sitting beside her. "She doesn't take notice to any of the students except for when those two come out. And to add on, the look she's making worries me." 

"I've taken glances down at the General and noticed that as well. You think she'll ask them to join the army?" 

"I fear something worse with that look, but I can't think of what it could be. I know James' answer would be no. He has no intention of being a dog to the King's army, but I don't think the General will take no for an answer." 

"We'll just have to wait and see what kind of move she makes, my old friend." Head Mistress patted Feng on the back, and he groaned. "But you have to admit that those two have done excellent so far. We've taught them well." Head Mistress adds. 

"Hmm James would've killed his opponents if he aimed just slightly off, but yes I agree that we've taught them well. I have no doubts that they'll make it to the finals. What about Uriela, think she'll finally beat Shiki?" 

"No," Head Mistress replied immediately. "She's too prideful when she fights, and when it's against him, pride just isn't enough. I've told her this, but she insists that it's the only way for her to win. That girl, she's just as stubborn as her mother."