Chapter 24 Ceremony Pt. 2

"We did it, Jules. We really did it." I told her, holding back the tears. 

"I hope mother is watching us," Julia replied. 

"I have no doubt she is wherever Head Mistress has her." I let her go, and we looked back at the crowd of students, and I could see Uriela and Jackal standing up, waving and cheering at us. We waved back, and then Head Mistress patted us on the back. 

"If you have anything to say to them, you may." 

"Wanna go, James? I know whatever you'll say is the same thing I'll say." 

"Alright, I'll say some things." 

Head Mistress moved to the side and gave me the stage. I took a step closer and grabbed the mic. "Everyone, first off, I would like to say that I'll be speaking for both myself and my sister. Now let me say that it feels great that we were able to show how much we've grown in such a short amount of time. We didn't discover our magic abilities until a year ago and look how far we've made in only a year. That shows that with hard work and dedication you can achieve anything, and let's be honest, it was time to show the Monster Trio that they're not the only powerful mages in the academy, am I right everyone?" 

"Yeah!" Everyone screamed back. 

"That's what I like to hear! But at the same time, it'll be sad to go. We've met some amazing people and wonderful teachers who got us to where we are right now. To those we've made friends with, we wish you the best and hope to see out in Seraphim someday." I looked back at Head Mistress to let her know that I was done and walked back to Julia, who put her hand on my back. 

"That concludes today's graduation ceremony. Let their words be an inspiration to all of you that one day you may leave this academy and fulfill your goals. Go on my students." Head Mistress waved up her hand up and from the windows shot out confetti and small spiraling sparklers. We were about to leave, but I felt Head Mistress's hand on my back again and turned back around. "You two go on back to your room, we'll discuss your plan there." 

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded, and we quickly went back to our room, where we waited for her. A few minutes went by when we got a knock on the door, which meant it wasn't Head Mistress because she would've just walked in without hesitation. I walked over to see who it was and opened it to find Uriela and Jackal at our doorstep. "Hey, what are you guys doing here?" 

"What, we can't send off our friends with a little something-something?" Jackal pulled out a bottle of some green liquid. 

"What is that?" I pointed to the bottle. 

"Relax, its herbal tea that my folks send me every month. It's delicious, trust me." 

"Yeah, he's given me some, and it's not half bad," Uriela commented. 

"Well, how could I say no to my friends? Come in, and we'll have a quick drink." I stepped out of the way to let the two come in. Jackal pulled out four cups and poured the tea. 

"To our friends, may their journey around Seraphim be nothing but wonders and sunshine." Jackal raised his cup high, and we follow suit. 

"And to our friends, that they may one day graduate and join us on our journey," Julia added in and we clanked our cups together before taking big gulps of our tea. "Wow, that was actually really good, Jackal!" 

"Thanks, my Pa always makes it homemade, so it comes out great every time! Oh, and I just remembered, do you want to tell them or me?" He looked over at Uriela, who was slowly enjoying her tea. She nodded to him, and he got the message. "Well, before the ceremony, Uriela and I were talking, and we decided that we will both train even harder to make sure that we'll graduate in next year's Magus Exam."