Chapter 32 Into the Fire Pt. 2

"Good job Julia." I smiled down at my unconscious sister. 

"Wait, did she just say Necromancy? Then that means you guys really are the Constructors..." Luna said, stunned, but there was no time for it. 

"Yes, we are, but we can talk about that once we get to The Golden Lion. Julia is out of commission for a while, so you'll need to hitch a ride with Bianca." 

"How? She's a little girl." 

"With my wind." Bianca swept her hand, lifting up Luna into the air effortlessly. "I'll cover our backs, Big Bro, take the lead." 

"Right." I looked over towards where The Golden Lion was and launched up over to the other side of the street. Julia's spell worked like a charm, but it looked like it took out more than the thugs and bounty hunters. Cars on the road were crashed into each other, and judging by some of them; they were causalities. Julia is not going to be happy when she hears about this. 

We continued to hop from building to building with no more interruptions, and we made it back to The Golden Lion, only to see it surrounded by thugs and their crime lords, all of them at the edge of the cabaret with their weapons at the ready for us. 

Oh, come on! Who snitched that we were coming back here?! 

"There's so many of them down there...what do we do?" Bianca peeked out slightly. 

"I don't know, but I can't do much, not with Julia still knocked out and me still feeling weak from the bracelet." 

"What if I go out there and get them, Big Brother James?" 

"Absolutely not! I will not allow you to endanger yourself, Bianca. Let me think for a minute." 

I could be of assistance, James. 

Out of the question Eighty-four, I don't want another incident on my hands. Let me think, I said! 

"I thought I heard someone up here... They're here!" All of sudden, someone behind us came over and shouted. The sound of bullets and gunfire bounced off the brick wall we were hiding behind, and several men were coming from the door behind us and were running towards us. We were locked down on both sides, and with no way for me to create anything, I also couldn't use my martial arts because my body felt drained as well. But I needed to protect the girls somehow, so I slammed my hands on the floor, about to cast a spell, when the gunfire ceased. 

"Come out, guys, you'll be alright." We all heard Calem's voice from below, and we all peeked over to see him with a couple of his performers at his side. 

"Can we trust him, Luna?" 

"Calem would never break a favor no matter who it is for. He'll protect us now." Luna stood up, and none of the thugs below fired their weapons. We hopped down, and cautiously approached Calem. 

"What took you guys so long? I was wondering if you guys were still alive after being trapped in a corner." Calem took a cigarette and lit it. 

"These guys won't fire or attack us?" I looked at the thugs, and they all menacingly glared back. 

"Not if they want a death wish they won't. Let's get you three out of the city." Calem walked back into the cabaret, and we went in after. We followed him back to his office, and he told us to sit down. "Now, you said you wanted to go to West Brooke?" 

"Yes, that's where our mother is. Can you take us there?" 

"My teleportation spells can only get you three to Northreach, the closest town to West Brooke. From there, it'll take you a day to get there, that is, if nothing stops you while on the journey. Will that be okay?" 

"It's better than trying to get out of this city. We'll do it." 

"Then we're here," he said with a snap of his finger, but nothing happened. Calem walked over and opened the door to show that we weren't in the cabaret, but instead on top of a hill that was overlooking Northreach. "I suggest on staying at the inn with the boar sign hanging over the door. They have excellent service." 

"Thank you, Calem." We walked out and looked back at Calem and Luna. 

"Don't thank me, thank Luna. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be helping you guys." 

"Thanks, Luna, it was a pleasure having you be our maid at the hotel." 

"It was an honor serving you and your sister, Sir James. I hope you find your mother at West Brooke!" Luna waved goodbye as Calem closed the door, and his office disappeared. 

Just then, Julia regained consciousness and asked if I could put her down. "Where are we, James?" 

"We're at Northreach, a town close to West Brooke. Let's stay at an inn, and we'll head there tomorrow. Tonight has been...rough." 

"Yeah, let's go." We walked down the hill and into town. Calem said it would take us a day to get to West Brooke from here if nothing got in our way. I'm just praying to Jophiel that the journey will go smoothly for us.

Back at Calem's office...

The moment Calem closed the door, they teleported back into The Golden Lion with a mob at the door ready to burst in and get some answers. "Damn idiots, are they wanting to start a war with the King?" 

"Calem..." Luna said distantly, and he knew immediately. 

"I know...you know how much I hate killing." 

"Other than you, I'm the only one who knows where they're going, and everyone outside will tear me apart to get that answer. I can't let them go after Lady Kaisa's children. You know what must be done, Calem." Luna stood there ready. 

Calem pulled out his pistol from his suit jacket and put it on Luna's forehead. "This will hurt me more than you know. Losing an ex-employee is like losing a family member. You will not be forgotten, Luna." 

"Thank you, everything Calem. It's been a pleasure." Luna smiled with tears falling down her face, and so did Calem. His hand shook as his finger slowly pulled the trigger until it went off, and everything became silent to Calem. And it wasn't because of the ringing in his ear, but it was like the world had stopped and everything lost sound. He stared down at the lifeless Luna sprawled out and then at the door where the mob outside stopped yelling. 

"Kaisa...your kids are just like you. I definitely see your resemblance in them. Curse you..."