meant to be?

this is a request from the suggestions i received.
i accidentally deleted that comment, so whoever commented this, was thank you.

i'm so grateful for all the wonderful suggestions. thanks guys.
also i'll try to do as many as i can.
i promise.

COLE POV

well, it's the annual riverdale party.
after the show ended, we have this super private reunion every year, so that we don't lose touch.
it's amazing to hangout with your old buddies, who were such great cast mates.

well, there was never anything wrong with it, except this year.

Lili and I broke up.

Well she broke up with me.

it's going to be bloody awkward.
we didn't keep in touch.
she went her way and well i went my way.

and here i am standing at the doorstep of Skeet's house, still contemplating whether i should go in or not.

" Fuck it" i said and rang the doorbell.

Cami opened the door and i was greeted with a big hug.

" good to see you too cam" i chuckled.

" ohhhh cole you have no idea, we've all missed your sense of humour so much"

i chuckled.

" let me in?" i asked and she laughed.

" yeah" cami said and let me in.

" Cami, hey, ugh, where's lili, if she came that is ?"

" yeah, i heard about the break up, i'm so sorry, you both were good together"

" maybe it just wasn't meant to be" i chuckled, looking down at my feet as i nervously tapped them.

" umm, she's in the kitchen with mädchen, i don't think she'll move out of the kitchen, she's been in there for a while."

" oh okay thanks"

steer clear of the kitchen.

" MY MATEE" i heard kj scream.

" my favourite ausie" i yelled back as we bro hugged, just like old times.

" i've missed you bro"

" me too man"

and then we talked, caught up on each other's lives and well i got the usual sympathy of my not so pretty recent break up.

i didn't see her, even once, not even a glimpse of her.

somewhere i knew, my eyes were searching for her, just a little glimpse of her, just to see if she's doing good and is happy.

and well i talked more, to more people, but my eyes kept looking for her.

after a while:

my phone started to ring, and well it was a work call, at 11pm?!

i stood up from where i had been sitting for a while now, staring at my phone in pure confusion, why a work call so late at night?

i went up to skeets balcony and attended the call.

No pov

Lili didn't notice him going upstairs, neither did she go upstairs with the intention of looking for him.

she just wanted to take a fresh breath.

as she peeked from the kitchen, for the gazillionth time, she didn't see cole.