UA Sports Festival: Round One

~Flashback~

Izuku's POV

  "Okay so here's how it's going to go," Kendo and the rest of our alliance was huddled up in a group just outside of the stadium. We still had ten minutes before we had to start getting ready in our locker rooms to get prepared for the festival. "This isn't the kind of team up where we over power everyone else, remember we are still in this to win it for ourselves. We can't win as a team, but we can help each other get to the final round. That means we have to have each other's backs. If we see one of our teammates in trouble then we help them, but once we reach the final round we are on our own okay? Not to mention we can't just rely on each other the entire time either. If we have a chance to get ahead, we should take it."

  I nodded my head in agreement. I had already figured we would only last for two rounds and disperse before I even agreed to the alliance. "That being said though, we can not fight against each other in the first two rounds either." Kendo looked at Monoma. Monoma put his hand to his chest with a look of disbelief.

  "You honestly think I would go against my OWN teammates?" He scoffed, "Well, I am insulted."

  "Monoma you are literally only teaming up with us because you betrayed all of your other teams." Tetsutetsu pointed out. Monoma crossed his arms and looked off towards the stadium. "Well they deserved it though."

  "Well you better listen right now, if I even suspect you of trying to sabotage us for even a moment, I won't hesitate." Kendo threatened him, causing Monoma look down at the ground. She then turned to me, "So are you good with the plan Midoryia?"

  "Of course." I answer her. She gave me a soft smile, causing my legs to feel weak again. How could someone be so cute? She just seemed so much different than the rest of Class 1-B. My phone began to ring and I quickly fished it out of my pocket.

Aizawa's Calling

  "O-Oh I have to take this. I'll see you on the field." I waved to the group before hurrying towards the stadium. I answered the phone as I jogged towards the front gates. "Hey Mr. Aizawa"

  "Midoryia, I need to talk to you before you go to the locker rooms. Meet me just outside of the stadium."

  "Yes sir." I said before hanging up and putting my phone back into my pocket. I really hope he isn't going to try to talk me out of competing at the last second. A million thoughts raced through my head as I approached the front gates. I saw Mr. Aizawa standing to the side of the opening leaning against the wall. He had a serious expression on his face but when he saw me it seemed to lightened up some.

  "What did you need to talk about?" I asked him. Mr. Aizawa motioned for me to follow him as we went out of the line of sight from the people who were entering the stadium. He stopped once we were completely out of sight.

  "Aizawa, please don't tell me your going to try to talk me out of this again." The moment I said that he looked over at me. He smiled before shaking his head.

  "No," He laughed, "That's not what I was going to talk about at all. In fact, quite the opposite actually." I looked at him in confusion.

  "What do you mean?"

  Aizawa knelt down in front of me, making himself eye level. "Listen problem child, when I was your age, I wanted nothing more than to just be in the shadows. I didn't want to be noticed like all the other pros, you know? I wanted to live out of the media. That lead to me not having the most successful career as a pro, but it did lead to me being a teacher. Ever since I started mentoring you, you have surprised me over and over again. You even gave me hope."