Safe For Now

Aizawa's POV

"Eraserhead, you should take the ambulance with Midoryia. Those wounds need to be treated." Best Jeanist said to me as the paramedics loaded Midoryia into the vehicle. There was such much adrenaline pumping through my vines during the time of the fight that I hadn't noticed that Gin had caused my head to bleed from slamming it into the ground. In fact, now that I mention it, I've been feeling pretty-light headed too but this was nothing compared to the Nomu attack at the USJ.

I nodded my head and loaded the ambulance sitting next to Izuku who was still out cold. Gin seemed to have been in a hurry to get him out of the hospital when she first kidnapped him because none of his previous wounds had been cared for. I scanned his bruised body. This was my fault. I was the one who let him leave to intern with Gran Torino. I knew I should've kept him closer to UA so I could've kept an eye on him.

Guilt seemed to sweep its way through my entire body as my head began to throb with a headache. I think I might have a concussion as well. "Eraser, we need to bandage that gash on your forehead until we get to the hospital so we can stitch it." One of the paramedics said to me.

I complied and allowed the worker to wrap my head with a white bandage. I rubbed my eyes, attempting to lessen the headache but with little success. I looked back over to young Izuku.

He looked so calm as he laid there. He's been through so much in the little time he's been my successor and yet he's still going strong. I felt something wet land on my leg. I looked down to notice a small wet mark on my hero costume causing me to look up at the roof of the vehicle. There was nothing there. I felt it again.

That's when I realized...I was crying. I put my hand up to my cheek to find that tears were streaming down my face. I wiped them quickly and looked away. The damn problem child really does have an effect on me, huh?

3rd Person POV

Midoryia slipped in and out of consciousness for 3 days. His concussion was severe due to the stress inflicted on his body. His wounds had been patched up and wrapped with bandages while the gash in his head was also sewn up. Luckily, it won't leave a scar on the young hero's skin.

Iida and Todoroki visited him everyday but they weren't the greatest with timing as they always showed up whenever he happened to pass back out. They refused to return back to their hero studies until their friend was discharged and no one could blame them. After all, he had already been kidnapped once, and nobody wanted to make it twice. Especially not with the knowledge that he was targeted by Shigaraki. Pros kept guard in front of the hospital as requested by Aizawa. He also hadn't left the young boy's side.

Midoryia's POV

My eyes fluttered open slowly as I tried to take in my surroundings. Where was I? Suddenly, memories of Gin surged through my head causing me to bolt upright quickly. I felt a sharp pain on my arm and winced as I looked over at the bandage positioned on it. It slowly began to turn red as blood seeped through the reopened wound. Wait a minute. I scanned the room. Was I in a hospital? That's when I noticed the chair next to me which was occupied by a particularly shaggy-haired man who appeared to be sound asleep.

"M-Mr. Aizawa?" I said quietly, my voice sounding a little raspy. The man's eyes opened slowly as he rubbed them with his hands. He looked up at me.

"Midoryia. You're awake." He noticed the bandage on my arm that was beginning to drip.   He turned behind him and pushed a grey button that lit up as he touched it.

"Assistance will be with you shortly." A robotic voice said through the speaker. I rubbed my head with my non-injured hand.

"How long was I out?" I asked him.

"About three days."

"Three days?! How are the others? Where's Todoroki and Iida? Are they okay?" A sharp pain shot through my head causing me to grunt softly and shut my eyes for a moment. I felt a hand touch my shoulder gently.

"Everyone's okay Midoryia. There's no need to exert all your energy on worrying." Aizawa said softly. I looked up at him. His eyes were puffy. Had he been crying? I looked away.

"I-I'm sorry."

Confusion crossed Aizawa's face. "Sorry? Sorry for what?"

"For make all of you worry. If I had just been stronger, none of this would've happened."

"Midoryia, you can't beat yourself up for this. You were protecting your friend."

My eyes shot up to him. "How did you-"

"Torino told me about your run in with Stain. He tried feeding me some bs about how you and the others just happened to get caught up in the whole Nomu mess but I didn't believe him so he told me the truth. What you did was brave kid. Not a lot of people would have put their lives on the line like that."

His words made me feel a little better as I smiled softly at him. "Thanks for helping me."

"Well I couldn't let my one and only successor get sold off to Shigaraki, could I?"

I laughed. "No I suppose not." My laughing died down as a serious tension filled the room.

"What're we going to do about him anyways...?" I asked Aizawa. Aizawa didn't look at me as he responded.

"I don't know yet, but there is one thing for sure. No matter what happens next, we'll be the ones making the first move."

"He's after erasing quirks. What could his endgame be?"

"I'm not sure he has one...." Aizawa replied. I looked at him, confusion clouding my eyes.

"W-what do you mean?"

Aizawa looked back down at me.

"I think there's someone else behind all of this, and it's not just Shigaraki."

1045 Words