UA Sports Festival: Results

Midoryia's POV

My head hurt as I forced my eyes to open. My vision was blurry but I could make out where I was. I was laying in one of Recovery Girl's infirmary beds. The bed was positioned to be leaning forward slightly and my arm was heavily wrapped in bandages. I went to move when I realized I couldn't lift my arm. I looked down to notice I still had a large piece of ice shooting out of my shoulder. WHAT THE FU-

A sharp voice cut my thoughts short as I looked to the side of me. Aizawa was sitting in a chair next to my bed, his face looking stressed. I wonder how long he's been sitting there. He rocked forward in his seat, a small smile crossing over his mouth.

"Hey kid. How're you feeling?"

My head was practically throbbing so it was hard for me to hear him correctly but I was able to make out the majority of it.

"Hey Aizawa..." I felt my voice crack when I spoke. I looked down at the spike in my arm. "I could be better."

Aizawa was about to say something else when Recovery Girl suddenly appeared behind him, slamming her fist down on his head.

"Ow woman!" Aizawa shouted, rubbing the top of his head.

"You're pushing this boy too hard Aizawa! Look at him, his brainwaves are all over the place, your lucky he didn't go over the damn edge again!" Recovery Girl shouted, shaking her finger at him.

"Don't be mad at him." I managed to say, catching her attention. "He wanted to pull me, I'm the one who insisted on continuing."

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose, "Well scolding you won't change what happened, now will it?"

There was a slight knock on the infirmary door before it was flung open. Uraraka, Iida, Mineta, and Asui emerged from the doorway, immediately running to me.

"Midoryia!"
"Deku!"

"Oh, hey guys...shouldn't you be watching the next match." I asked, before wincing as I felt the ice shard shift. Iida shook his head, pushing his glasses up.

"The platform was practically destroyed by you and Todoroki's match so we're on a short break while they fix it." He explained. Mineta pushed past him, scurrying over by the bed.

"THAT WAS SO SCARY! HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MANAGE TO LIFT AN ENTIRE ICE WALL!"

"MINETA LANGUAGE!" Iida yelled back at him. My head throbbed again as the duo yelled back and forth. Asui must have noticed because she quickly slapped both of them on the back of the head.

"Can't you see Midoryia's resting, ribbit?" The duo rubbed their heads, shooting her a look.

"Speaking of rest, I need to prep Midoryia for surgery so it's time for you to leave." Recovery Girl began to shoo the group out of the room.

"SURGERY?!" The mere mention of the word sent the group into a frenzy. Aizawa chuckled softly as Recovery Girl finally managed to drive them off.

"You got good friends kid." He stated softly. I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah I do."

"Just so you know, you probably won't be able to leave this room for the rest of the tournament unless Recovery Girl makes an exception."

I let out a soft groan. I really wanted to see how Todoroki did in the rest of the tournament. Memories of our match flooded back to me and I could feel tears begin to burn my eyes. My sudden change of emotion must have startled Aizawa because he immediately started asking what was wrong.

"I'm just...I'm sorry. You wanted me to make an impression in this tournament but I was more focused on trying to fix the others around me. If I had just...shut my mouth and kept quiet during my match against Todoroki, I could've won." Aizawa reached over to me and wiped the tears out of my face.

"Hey, it's alright kid. Trust me, you definitely made an impression. Besides, giving help to those who don't necessarily want it is the soul idea of what makes a hero." Aizawa smiled softly. I found a strange comfort in his words,
nodding my head softly.

"I need to get started on this boy's arm. It's time for you to go." Recovery Girl stated, practically pushing Aizawa out of the room.

"I'll come check on you later." He called out to me before getting the door slammed in his face.

——————————————————————

The procedure took a while as Recovery Girl had to be cautious as to not puncture any arteries as she pulled out the ice shard. My arm was wrapped tight against my body, not giving me much room to move it at all.

A nasty scar stretched up over my shoulder, making my skin appear jagged. Recovery Girl tsk'd as she looked at the wound.

"I hope you use that as a reminder that even YOU have limits."

She then made me rest for a couple hours, causing me to miss the rest of the tournament. I did get a few visitors though. Kendo came in at some point to congratulate me on making it so far in the tournament. She had apparently gotten knocked out in the first round of the tournament when she went up against Kaminari.

After she left, Uraraka came in, but her visit wasn't as light hearted. She explained to me that Iida had gotten a call from his mother. His older brother had gotten attacked by the hero killer known as "Stain". Iida left early to go visit him in the hospital.

"Poor Iida... I hope he's okay." I mumbled softly. Uraraka nodded, "Yeah me too. He looked really upset."

She then went to explain how the last match went. Apparently Bakugo had won the whole thing, like he had said he would. Todoroki came in second with Tokoyami in third.

"Wow, Tokoyami did really good."

"Yeah, his Dark Shadow quirk was amazing!"

We talked a little longer before she offered to take me home. Recovery Girl agreed and allowed me to leave. I had to wear sunglasses though to prevent the light from hurting my head due to my headache making me light sensitive.

I was still a little woozy so she helped hold me up as we walked to my apartment. She waved goodbye as she left for her house and I went through the front door of the complex. My mom yelled at me for worrying her so much, which I didn't blame her. She eventually decided to take it easy on me and let me go to bed.

Little did I know that I was going to need the rest since this next week would be the craziest week of the school year yet.

1130 Words
~That concludes the Sports Festival arc. This next arc won't be following the manga that much since I now plan on branching out and switching things up a bit. Within the next couple of chapters the plot lines gonna start to change. Thank you so much for reading!~