Scoping Out The Competition

~Hey guys!! Before we get to the story, I will like to make a quick announcement. I will begin to write in first person point of view along with third person so that way the story has more depth in terms of what the characters are thinking and creating more details in the story!! Okay that's all, enjoy the story!!~

  Izuku's POV
The Sports Festival?! I used to watch the Sports Festival every year on TV back before I even applied to UA. The Sports Festival was one of the MOST important events of a young heroes life! I can't believe I will be a part of the festival this year. I'm surprised we're even having this festival considering the recent villain attack-

I quickly snapped myself out of my own thoughts when I realized I had been muttering again. Uraraka leaned over in her seat to whisper to me, "Are you okay? You were talking to yourself."

I laughed nervously, "Oh I was? Sorry I do that sometimes when I'm thinking." Uraraka just gave me a small nod before leaning back into her seat. Aizawa continued to tell the class about what the festival would mean for their futures.

"Any young hero who even wants a chance at becoming a pro will want to attend this festival. The festival is a chance for pros to see what you are made of and possibly enlist you as sidekicks."

Excited whispers spread throughout the classroom. Uraraka shook my shoulders roughly. "Did you hear that Deku!" She whispered loudly in my head. "We could be enlisted as sidekicks!" She squealed, kicking her feet underneath the table.

"I know! I can't wait to participate!" I could feel Aizawa's eyes staring at me when I said that. I'm participating in this festival whether he likes it or not.

"Quiet down!" Aizawa warned the class. "You will be facing against not only your own classmates but also against other classes as well, such as Class 1-B.

"You really think those benchwarmers could beat anyone in this room?" Bakugo laughed at the mere suggestion. He then pointed at Mineta stating, "Grape juice over here could probably beat any of them. They are in the B class for a reason."

"Did I forget to mention that Class 1-B members will have a chance to steal anyone's spot in this room if they rank higher than you or show more potential?" Aizawa spat back at Bakugo, annoyance lingering in his voice. This caused the class to grow quiet.

We could be replaced? Could I be replaced? Even if I did help take down a villain, I ended up hospitalizing myself for a week! What if they think of me as an inconvenience? I caught myself, realizing I was muttering again. God I hope nobody heard that.

Aizawa spent the rest of the class period explaining the festival and talking about its history before releasing us for lunch. We approached the classroom door to leave when we realized we were blocked in.

Dozens of students stood outside our classroom door, staring at us. "Um hey? Can we help you?" Kaminari said, trying to get through them, but they didn't move. Suddenly I could feel eyes begin to drift to me. A kid in the front, covered in silver, pointed at me as he whispered to a red head girl next to him. I could feel my cheeks begin to flush as I quickly turned away from the group.

"What do they want?" I heard Mina ask Sero, who merely shrugged. Bakugo pushed passed us and confronted the group. He looked at the kids in front of him before turning back to us to say, "Isn't it obvious? These are the benchwarmers I was telling you about. They're probably just scoping out the competition, if you can really call it that."