Reunion

3rd Person POV

The door to Izuku's room swung open, revealing Todoroki and Iida as they barged in. Aiza had left an hour earlier but promised to come back before nighttime.

"MIDORYIA! YOU'RE OKAY!" Iida exclaimed as they rushed to his side. Midoryia has a bandage wrapped around his head along with the ones on his arms and thighs. He yawned as he slowly sat up in bed and looked over to them.

"H-Hey guys."

"Are you feeling okay?" Todoroki asked him. It was obvious Midoryia was a little out of it but that was to be expected. He nodded his head up and down slowly.

"Yeah. They got me on painkillers right now to help with my headaches. That's also why the lights are off in the room." Midoryia replied back as he touched his fingers against the bandages that snaked around his head.

"You had us worried for a second there." Iida said, his face still riddled with concern.

"What? Did you think the heroes wouldn't find me?" Midoryia joked before seeing the serious expressions on the duo's face and then stopped. "Oh."

"Do you remember what all happened?" Todoroki asked him. Midoryia's brow furrowed as he tried to recall the events that had occurred.

"Only bits and pieces, it's all kind of a blur.  I just remember going into the hospital room and seeing Gin approach me and then next thing I knew I was in the warehouse. Not much happened there though, I couldn't see the whole time. But-" Midoryia trailed off, his eyes falling to the floor.

"What is it?" Todoroki knelt down beside the bed.

"There's going to be more of her kind."

"Doctors?"

"No Todoroki. I mean, bounty hunters. I'm assuming that's what she was. Except, she wasn't doing it for money, she was trying to pay off a debt to Shigaraki."

"What could Shigaraki be planning?" Iida chimed in.

"I'm not sure but Aizawa has a theory. He doesn't think Shigaraki's the man in charge."

"Then who else would it be."

"We don't know yet, but whoever it is is seeking out people who specifically have erasing quirks."

The group fell silent. They knew that meant this fight was far from over until they could find out who was running the operation.

"How many people know about what happened?" Midoryia asked them, looking up.

"We didn't tell anybody. The pros want to keep this on the down low, so nobody else knows what happened. Not even our other classmates." Todoroki responded.

"Good. We need to keep it that way. It's already bad enough you two are involved in my mess."

"Midoryia," Iida looked down at the boy. "You helped me when I was in trouble, so I'm willing to do the same for you."

"He's right. Besides, you were the one who got through to me at the sports festival." Todoroki added. Midoryia looked at them, tears starting to prick at his eyes.

"Th-thanks you guys."

They wrapped their arms around him in a group hug. After everything that had happened, they needed it. There was a knock at the door and a doctor walked in.

"Sorry to interrupt, but it's time for Midoryia's meds." He stated. Todoroki and Iida nodded their heads as they turned to go.

"We'll come back by tomorrow."
"Yeah, get some rest."

"Bye guys." Midoryia waved to them as they left.

566 Words