Back to School

3rd Person POV

Midoryia hesitated at the base of the front gates to UA, grasping his backpack straps tightly, causing his fingers to turn a soft red color. Todoroki and Iida were beside him as they noticed his reluctance, taking it upon themselves to shepherd him forward. Returning back to school felt strange for the trio as they walked through the main entrance, especially for Midoryia. The chief of police had come to talk to the trio while Midoryia was still in the hospital, explaining how what had occurred had to be kept a secret, even from their classmates. Todoroki and Iida understood and promised to keep their mouth shut. Midoryia, however, still had a pit in his stomach.

He couldn't stop thinking of what could happen if the others found out. Surely they would ask questions about their internships, and they must have seen the news regarding the hero killer. Midoryia couldn't risk them finding out, it would only put their own safety at risk. But still...Midoryia couldn't deny that it would be nice to have someone else to talk to about it. Of course Todoroki and Iida were great company but they've been glued to Midoryia's side since the incident, as if they were too scared to take their eyes off of him.

"Nervous?" Todoroki's voice broke through Midoryia's train of thought, causing him to snap out of his gaze.

"Y-Yeah, something like that."  In reality, Midoryia still hadn't quite felt like himself since the incident either. He couldn't stop having flashbacks to that cold room and to the itchy ropes that had kept him strapped in place. Not talking about it was driving him crazy but he couldn't talk about it to Todoroki or Iida, they would just worry about him more.

"I'll be fine." Midoryia added, looking back up at the duo.

"We can wait with you if you would like." Iida suggested, looking down at his friend. Midoryia shook his head. He needed to get this over with.

"N-No it's fine. I think I'm okay now. We can just go inside." Midoryia stated quickly. Todoroki and Iida gave each other concerning look but just nodded their heads, following Midoryia into the building.

As they entered their classroom, the chatter of their classmates was almost deafening.

"BAKUGO WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?!" Sero laughed as tears rolled down his cheeks. Kaminari had his face in his hands as his shoulders shuttered with laughter  while Mina openly laughed at the ash-blonde as well. Bakugo's usual spiky hair head been flattened against his head in a way that made Bakugo almost seem approachable.

Bakugo's body was shaking as anger flooded through him from the others reaction. "I TRIED WASHING IT, IT'S JUST STUCK LIKE THIS!"

Almost on command, the once flattened hair sprung upwards back into their classic spikes, causing the group to once again roar with laughter.

"I'LL FUCKING KILL ALL OF YOU!"

"Bakugo! Language!" Iida screamed, leaving Midoryia's side to join in on the commotion.

"Shut the hell up four-eyes!"

Midoryia couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. Maybe with all the chaos going on, nobody will even bring up his own work study.

"Hi Deku!" A soft voice spoke amongst all the madness. Midoryia looked up to see Uraraka walking towards him, smiling happily.

"Hey Uraraka." He replied, putting up a fake but convincing smile.

"How was your work study?"

Shit. Midoryia rubbed the back of his neck. Todoroki could sense Midoryia tense up from the question and turned his attention back to him.

"Oh it was fine, I guess." Midoryia replied, trying to keep his voice from shaking as he thought back to what had happened.

"Ohhh, what all did you do?"

"Looks like class is about to start, we should probably take our seats." Todoroki stepped in, ushering Midoryia away. Midoryia mentally thanked Todoroki as he sat down in his desk.

"Oh, okay. We can just talk about it later then." Uraraka stated, looking confused at the duo. She wasn't the only one to notice Midoryia's change in demeanor though. Bakugo watched as Midoryia seemed to be more on edge than usual. He growled to himself softly.

What the hell was Deku hiding?

709 Words