[30]

I groaned in pains. My head was pounding hard, I tried moving my body but I couldn't. My hands were cuffed together, my legs were chained and I was tied to a chair.

There was darkness everywhere and i realized my eyes were binded. I tried screaming but the words were not coming out. I couldn't imagine where I was.

Then I heard footsteps approaching, so i kept shaking the chair and shuffling my feet to let whosoever know that i was awake.

The door opened and I could sense someone walk into the room towards the chair and loosened the blindfold off my eyes. It took a while before my vision became clearer.

To my greatest shock standing before me was Quentin. I stuttered for words. "What's going on here?” I asked him holding my breath. He drew a seat and sat in front of me.

"I'm sorry Michelle".

"Wait.... hold on” I cut him. “What are you sorry for? I yelled. “I need an explanation right now. Why am I here? Why did you kidnap me and who the hell are you?”  The last thing I remembered was sipping off my glass of wine. When I thought of it, Bryan, my mom tears trickled down my cheeks.

"Please let me go" I pleaded.

"You know what Michelle, I like you alot but things right now are beyond my control. I can’t divulge any information until the boss shows up” he wiped my eyes with the back of his hands.

"Boss?” I spitted. “What kind of joke is this? You deceived me in asking me on a date with you, drugged my drink then turned around and kidnapped me and now you're saying there is a boss. Oh please come up with something else” I scowled.

"Hungry"?

"No" I screamed shutting my eyes and letting more tears fall to my cheeks.

“Ok if you say so” he shrugged his shoulders, stood up and walked away laughing annoyingly.

*********

BRYAN

“Bryan!” My mother’s voice echoed as she walked out to the front porch of the house where I sat waiting for her.

"Mother” I gave her a faint smile.

“I can’t believe you would come visit me on a…. Wednesday, when you're running into bankruptcy” she taunted sitting across me on the chair.

"Mother please” I raised my hands to halt her, “I'm not here to discuss my personal business with you. Besides stop acting like you care because I know you don’t”

"C'mon Bryan, you make me look evil when you sound like that. I know you're strong enough to handle your business, Moreover, if things become so bad, you're very much welcome to run the company with me”.

"Phew. Even if that was my last option, I rather beg than come work with you”.

She smirked. "Ok, then why have you come?”

"Diane Moore, tell me what you know about her.”

She flinched and shot me a surprise stare. "Doesn't ring a bell" she gazed towards the lawn.

"Mother” I yanked her arms. “Do not lie to me; tell me everything you know now.” I yelled.

Suddenly her body became cold. I could feel her quivering on the chair she sat. She became frozen. "Please mother I need to know the truth” I pleaded.

"No! No! No! You can’t.  She’s... dead” she whimpered.

“I know she’s dead but I want to know all you know about her. How she died and what killed her?”