[31]

BRYAN

There was deep sadness within me. I could not believe that it's almost four days and yet no word about Michelle. Her family was damn worried. It’s been a good thing they could trust me. Right now, all we could hope for was she being alive and unharmed.

These past few days have been miserable for me. I had experienced further losses at work and it was threatening to shut down my offices at Florida, Georgia and Texas. The police had searched every hideout known in the city of San Marino but yet no trace.

The restaurant footage showed that she had met a guy there but it's been difficult to identify who he was since there was nothing on him. I zoomed into the footage on my tab, taking a good look at the guy there. He looked like the guy who bumped into Michelle at the courthouse the other day I recalled. Quentin. Yes that was his name.

I jumped up reaching for my jacket. I dashed out of the office "Millie, please reschedule every appointment I have today". I needed to find that card he gave to Michelle the other day to retrieve his number.

I called Mabel to search for it at home as I rushed to their house. She had come down with the flu so she was asked to rest at home.

Luckily, she found it inside the side drawer of Michelle's bed. I told Morgan to track down the number, trace the outgoing and incoming calls from the number and also get the call log from the past one week.

"Hey Bryan any new leads” Mabel asked me as I settled down in the chair across from her.

"Not yet but hopefully but this will help. How’s your health?

“Recuperating swiftly. Coffee? She gestured handing me a cup “It’s gonna help, trust me”

"Thanks Mab” I took the cup from and set it down infront of me. We talked some more giving me time to finish my coffee before heading out.

*********

I sat anxiously on the couch in Ollie's living room waiting for Morgan's call and flipping through the television channels. It's been five days and still no word. I've been unable to sleep, eat or think properly since Michelle's disappearance.

It was like I was a shadow of myself. I was a mess. I needed to hibernate that was why I came to Jake's house. Nobody really knew my whereabouts apart from my friend’s ofcourse and Millicent who I instructed to call my attention should something happen at the office that was beyond their control.

"Are you gonna keep flipping channels" May's voice interrupted my thoughts as she sat beside me. She placed her hands on my shoulders and squeezed it lovingly yet I remained silent.

She’s really been helpful. May was a beautiful blonde lady. She had those green eyes that sparkled in the dark. She was tall and slender with long legs. She had this high cheek bones that confused her mostly for a model. Apparently she was a model.

"Boo I understand you're hurting much but I can assure you Michelle is alive. She will be found” She squeezed my shoulders again. “But you've gotta get yourself together. You look so Unbryan. Dark circles are even forming under your eyes and you sure need a shave and haircut. Go freshen up and come down let me make breakfast” She pleaded with me.

I turned and glanced at her face. “What’s the point of doing all that boobear” I asked her with a frown.

"Because, when she’s found, you would have to be strong for her” She smiled caressing my hair with her hands.

"Hun, have you seen my white scrubs" Ollies's voiced rang as he descended the stairs

"No, handsome" she replied looking at Ollie. "You look dashing. You know I always love this pant on you" she winked at him as she stood up. Oliver wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her in for a hot but short kiss.