[23]

BRYAN

Thank God! I had installed trackers in all my cars; otherwise it would have been difficult to locate Michelle. I just hoped she was okay. Right now, I didn’t even care about what’s happening to me or the company, as long as the woman I love was safe, sound and with me I consoled myself.  The more I thought about it, the more I felt the need to let her have her own personal body guards.

Morgan had tracked the cars location to a Silverheart hospital. What was she doing in the hospital? My heart pounded very hard within my chest.

When we arrived at the hospital, Morgan rushed out trying to get a good look at the parking lot then he found the car parked beside a Toyota highlander SUV 2014 MODEL.

I stepped out of the car as he strode back to me. “Sir I just inquired about the driver of the mustang. We checked the security footage of the parking lot and discovered she was the one who drove it to the hospital. So we just have to go in and ask some more questions” he said observing the environment.

We both walked in and approached the receptionist desk. The nurse, who sat there on seeing me, adjusted and rearranged her appearance. I understood what was going on so I just smiled. Most times ladies usually gave themselves a second look when they saw me hoping that I would fancy them. I get that all the time.

I showed her a picture of Michelle on my phone “Have you seen this lady?”

“No, is she admitted here?” she retorted.

“I don’t know, that’s what I want to confirm”

“Name please” she requested.

“Michelle Jones”

She keyed into her computer and searched but there was no match. “Only one Monica Jones” she told me.

That name sounded familiar. I flashed back to when I met Michelle’s parents. That was definitely her mother’s name I recalled. Then I turned back to the nurse.

“Monica Jones is in here. What for?” I pleaded with her as she searched through again.

I noticed that people had started gazing seriously toward my direction. Was there anything wrong with my dressing I thought? I was wearing a blue jean with a black and white stripped button down shirt with white converse shoes. Though I didn’t have the time to arrange my hair so it was a bit tousled.

Then I heard my name and looked up at the big screen in the hospital’s reception. It had my picture with the headline ‘Brentarc loses 346 billion dollars as investors, others back out’; ‘Brentarc faces lawsuit over losses’; ‘Billionaire Bryan Brent undergoes bankruptcy’. I just stood there staring at the screen. I didn’t know the kind of emotion I was going through at the moment.

“Sir we should get out of here” Morgan whispered to me once he noticed the change in my mood.

“It’s okay” I said turning to the nurse. She told me that Monica was involved in accident and was brought here last night which very much explains Michelle’s disappearance.

“Her room number is E75” she added.

“Thanks a lot” I told her as I walked away with Morgan following swiftly behind me to find the room.

******

After walking around the hospital building for a while, we finally got to room E75. Morgan tried opening the door but I stopped him because I was quite nervous. What if she was in there, in as much as i wanted to see her, I knew she was very mad at me for ignoring her all through yesterday.