[25]

BRYAN

Lunch went well and tasted so delicious, maybe it was because of the intimate moment we just shared. I tried to lighten up the mood by cracking jokes to make her smile which was actually working.

I explained everything to her as I earlier promised, how Gabriella found me at the bar and how I ended up crashing in her bedroom. But I skipped the part, where Gab said I wanted us to get back together. I believed she took advantage of my drunken state.

Gabriella wasn’t so bad though when we were together, it’s just that we weren't compatible. She was an actress who encountered different men almost on a daily basis. I wasn’t jealous about it at all because I understood it was her job but when she started making our relationship look like a movie to me, I couldn't tolerate her any longer. She is beautiful, classy, fun and romantic but Michelle is all of that and more and I loved her very much.

Michelle made me promise her to be on my best behaviour which I did agree to. We talked for some time, she told me much more about her mom and her family which I paid keen attention to. Then we talked some more about the company’s present condition and the lawsuit and all of that.

"I doubt I can barely survive the coming weeks with so much loss” I said holding her hands in mine.

And coupled with it all, we were having series of court appearances to attend to. Some of our clients were suing us; some of them said we broke our contract of agreement while others said we defrauded them.

"Its ok love, please just stay strong and believe everything will turn out fine.” she said grazing my hands with her thumbs.”

“Thanks” I mouthed and planted a kiss on her temple. She blushed briefly and then glared at me.

“What’s the problem cupid?”

“Bryan, she called me softly, I've been doing alot of digging around and Nora’s been helping me out. I didn’t want to tell you anything yet until I was very certain and probably gathered up all my facts.

"What are you talking about?” I asked her looking perplexed.

She continued "My instincts are telling me that what happened with the contract and clients charging us to court and all of that are not just a mere coincidence. I think it's as a result of Boyce's allegation. There is a panic, people feel if Boyce is finally declared guilty and sentenced, it will be bad for your reputation, family and business. So they feel backing out now is the best to avoid the regrets much later."

"What? I sighed heavily, "I can’t believe it. Boyce is still undergoing trial for God’s sake. What happens to being innocent until proven guilty? Besides what does Boyce been guilty even have to do with me? I mean yes he’s my brother but literally this is my company not his. I find it hard to believe seriously”

"Ok, but Does this name - James Edwards ring a bell?" she asked me

"Nooo... Why?”

"How about Evans Brent?" She looked at me..

"Evans Brent!  That’s my late uncle who died like five years ago. He was a soldier in the army” I answered becoming more curious. “What do they have to do with all of these".

"Bryan like I said, i haven't gotten all my facts yet, but it's likely that your late uncle Evans is back to life” she said nodding with her lips pressed. She exhaled lightly stood up and walked out.

I sat there for the next few minutes petrified and shocked without saying a word or moving. I mouthed "Evans is alive?” How can it be? I mean I was there at his funeral and all of that.

Before I realized what was going on, Michelle was rolling her boxes into the living room and toward the door. Then I jumped up and rushed at her.

"Hey babe, where you going to? I thought we settled this” I asked holding her arms.

"Yea we did but I’m sorry, I still have to go. Bryan, I think we rushed into things, like me moving in with you?”

"What?” I gawked at her. “But I thought you were okay with it”

"Yea I was but not any longer” she eyed me

“Wait...hold on... What just happened a while ago?” I asked pointing at the both of us. “Was that a breakup sex?”

She bent her head towards the floor, fiddling with the hem of her top without uttering a word. I slumped into one of the chairs, so she was leaving me after everything...

She squatted between my legs, holding my cheeks in her hands. “I love you so much Bryan and I’m not breaking up nor leaving you” she said calmly. “I’m only moving back to my family's house to be there for my mum, dad and sis. They need me now. I want you to understand that. Besides everything happening is overwhelming. I need to find myself again".

“C’mon cupid, But you didn’t lose yourself and you can be there for your family without having to move out” I stared at her confused raking my hands through my hair.

“I’m so sorry baby” she shook her head and squeezed her eyes letting the tears in her eyes trickle down her cheeks. “I have to do this” and she walked out.

Shit! My chest heaved, my head spun, anger was looming all over me, I didn’t want an outburst but I couldn't control my emotions, a part of me wanted to throw her out while another wanted to lock her up in our bedroom.  

But with all of my thoughts I did nothing.  I got so angry with myself watching her leave. Why was she so stubborn? What would I do without her?

She said we were going to go through this phase together and now -- I mean few moments ago she just told me that my uncle who I thought was dead had resurrected. What was I to do with that information?

Does this mean, she stops working for me? Apparently, if things get worst, I might as well lose all my staffs, she inclusive. I need to get her back to me, back to this house. She was mine and she belonged here by my side.

*********

Thanks for reading guys.

I hope you enjoyed it..

Stay Safe❤