[52] Part 1

With Parker's arrest, the hotel footage and the recorded confession presented to the court, Boyce was finally discharged and acquitted alongside Senators Anderson and Smith.

It was a day of joy and celebration. The whole country was in jubilation when the news was announced which showed that Boyce was really loved by many.

Finally Parker was going to pay up for his crimes. The court premises was filled with people. From politicians to lawyers right down to the reporters.

At one end, I sighted Seven and Harper. Seven was being interviewed by some reporters. I just stood there smiling and being grateful when I heard the screaming of my name.

I turned to see Nora and Samantha. She was running toward me. She hugged me tightly once she got to me.

"I'm so happy for you sweetie. You finally did it".

At first I was shocked because she was supposed to still be mad at me. Well maybe she's forgiven me. So I hugged her back as tears of joy fell from my eyes.

After a while she pulled away, staring at me."I'm still mad at you and you've got some explanation to do" she pouted.

I giggled and nodded. "Ofcourse I know that"

I hugged Samantha too who also congratulated me before speaking up.

"Why aren't you undergoing any interview when you won the case. Should we interview you?".

I gave a side smile. "Well you know it's not my case. I only assisted in it and as for the interview I think I would prefer a studio one. I replied and turned to Nora. "I missed you babe".

"Aww, come here she gestured to me and hugged me again. "I missed you more. You know I hate quarelling with you yet you keep giving me reasons to like betraying me".

"I'm so sorry. I just hope you'd understand" I apologized as they insisted on interviewing me briefly.

After we left the court premises, I went back to the office. I wanted to call Bryan and inform him even though I knew he must have heard about it from the news.

I dialled his number, it was ringing but there was no response. I repeated the action about five times before resulting to sending him a message.

"Hey babe, We won and I love you"

Knock! knock!

A blushing Cassidy stepped into my office and sat down across from me crossing his legs together.

"What?" I asked him.

"Congratulations" he giggled like a school girl. I'd never seen Cass this way before.

I exhaled. "C'mon Cassidy, this was a win for us all. Remember we did it together" I smiled at him.

"I know it's a team work" He nodded. "But you, my friend treated it more personal and acted in diverse ways none of us could act. You singlehandedly spearheaded our victory today and I'm glad I worked with you" He smiled. "You're a rare asset anyone should have Mich"

I was almost tearing up. "Cass" I spoke softly."You're gonna make me cry now". I helped my self to tissue as I dabbled my eyes. "Anyways thank you so much for believing in me. You know Senator Brent is like a brother to me. So I owed him just that because I believed he was innocent."

"Yes I know your relationship. Come here" He smiled and hugged me warmly.

I and Cass talked for a while before Seven summoned us to his office. I had never seen him this happy and I couldnt even tell which was making him really happy - The fact that we won or the reward for winning.