Chapter 1

Starling City-10:32 PM, March 18, 2000

Y/N's parents told her to go back to sleep. They told her that all the objects she saw floating in her room were just her imagination.

"I'm not crazy! They moved!" Y/N cried.

"Hey, it's okay honey. Everything is going to be okay," her father told her, holding her close.

Then she saw it. A blur. A streak. They told her to run, that they loved her, and then they were gone.

"Well well Y/N, looks as if you're all alone now" the blur spoke.

Y/N backed up against the wall as the blur moved closer. She thought it was about to kill her too, but the blur just laughed and ran off. Y/N ran to her parents, but it was too late. There was nothing she could do. She ran out of the house and banged on her neighbor's door.

"Y/N? It's 10:30, why are you awake? What's wrong?" Mrs. Johnson said as she opened the door.

"They're gone," she said collapsing to the ground. "And I couldn't save them."

...

Central City-10:35 PM, March 18, 2000

"Mom! Mom!" Barry screamed.

"Barry you have to get out of here! Run, Barry, run!" his dad yelled.

Before Barry could take a step he was in the streets. He started running back home, back to his mom and dad. They would hold him in their arms once he woke up. He just had to get out of this nightmare first. "Wake up!" Barry screamed at himself inside his head. Barry kept running until he saw the lights, heard the sirens, and saw his dad being dragged away.

"Dad? Dad! He didn't do anything!" Barry yelled at the police.

They all ignored him. He walked inside, hoping to find his mom. He called for her until he saw the blue tarp. He walked towards it.

"Mom, Mom!" he cried as he lifted the corner.

Detective Joe West, his best friend's dad, walked over to him and put the sheet back, "I'm so sorry, Barry".