Chapter 38

"Barry?" Y/N breathed as her eyes fluttered open.

"Y/N! Oh thank God!" her mother gasped.

"Barry?" she asked a bit louder, her voice hoarse.

"He's okay," her father told her, handing her a glass of water. "You both are." Y/N let out a breath. He was going to be okay. You already knew he had to be, but just hearing those words calmed her.

"Where is he?"

"Right beside you," Joe laughed. "I'm glad you're awake." Y/N turned her head to see Barry in the bed next to her. Your eyes filled with tears at the sight of him. "Hey, he's okay," Joe reminded her. Y/N nodded, but the tears didn't stop.

"Has he woken up yet?" Y/N asked. Joe shook his head. "How long was I out?"

"6 hours," her mother answered. Y/N looked back over at Barry. His skin was pale which only made the dark purple bruises on his mouth and neck look worse, his chocolate hair looked dirty and strands were flying in every direction, and yet he was still the cutest guy she'd ever laid eyes on.

2 hours later

"Y/N?" Barry murmured, his eyes opening slightly.

"Barry!" Y/N gasped.

"Are you okay?"

"I will be."

"Hey Barry," Joe said, smiling.

"Joe." He smiled back. "Water?" Joe handed him the glass that was sitting on the table beside his bed.

"You've both got some serious explaining to do, but that can for a bit. I'm just glad you're both okay." Barry nodded, still smiling widely. "I'll give you two a second." Joe stood up and walked out of the room.

"Where are your parents?" Barry asked, turning slightly so he was looking into Y/N's eyes.

"They had to go to work." Barry nodded. "How do you feel?"

"I don't feel much," Barry laughed. "I'm assuming pain meds are to thank for that."

"You didn't answer my question."

"I feel fine I guess. How's your arm?"

"Obviously there's stitches, but it doesn't really hurt. Thank goodness for pain meds."

"Good. I love you Y/N."

"I love you too, Barry. Nothing will ever change that." Y/N reached out her good arm to grab Barry's hand. She squeezed it gently, staring into his beautiful emerald-green eyes. Joe walked back in the room, gripping a coffee in his hand.

"So, who did this to you?" Joe asked as he sat down in the chair beside Barry. Their smiles faded.

"The Reverse Flash," Barry replied, tears rolling down his cheeks as he recalled the events that had occurred just hours ago.