Chapter 10

"Hey Barry," Y/N waved him over.

Barry sat down, "Why would you want to talk to me?"

"As I said before, I still want to be friends with you. So tell me about yourself. Where did you grow up?" Y/N asked.

"Central City, you?" Barry took a bite of his sandwich.

"Starling City. Your turn to ask a question,"

"Okay, um, what's your favorite color?" Barry asked.

"Wow really digging deep. Y/F/C."

"Nice. I don't really have a preference, but red is cool," Barry smiled.

"Do you have any siblings?" Y/N asked.

Barry looked down and said, "Iris I guess."

"You guess?"

"I mean she's my adopted sister, but we aren't actually related. What about you?"

"I don't, but I didn't know you were adopted," Y/N felt awkward bringing the subject up, but she wanted to know more.

"I don't really want to talk about it right now, sorry."

"No, it's okay I get it," Y/N finished her sandwich.

"So, um, what's your favorite food," Y/N broke the silence.

"Sushi, or maybe donuts, or, I don't know, maybe pizza? I guess just about anything," Barry laughed.

"I really like Y/F/F," Y/N said as the bell rang.

"I'll see you later, Barry," Y/N stood up and walked away.

"Bye," Barry knew she couldn't hear him, but he said it anyway.

Barry started walking to his next class. He wasn't sure how he would be able to be friends with someone he liked so much, but he was willing to try.

"Hey, Allen," Tony called.

"I saw you at lunch today. I thought I told you to stay away from her," Tony pinned Barry up against the lockers.

"Look, Tony, I-"

"I don't want to hear it, Allen. Stay away from her," Tony shoved him to the ground and walked away.

Barry rubbed his shoulder and stood up. He wanted to tell Y/N what she was getting herself into, but he didn't want it to seem like he still had feelings for her. Besides, prom was tomorrow. He didn't want to ruin that for her, but he couldn't help but wonder if he should say something...