Chapter 30

July 14, 2006

"Hey, Y/N?"

"Yeah Barr?"

"I just kind of realized, we've never actually gone on a date."

Y/N paused for a second, "Wow, yeah I guess you're right. I mean, our lives haven't really been normal recently so I guess it makes sense."

Barry waited a moment before asking, "So, um, do you want to maybe go out sometime?" Barry's cheeks felt hot. Even though he was her boyfriend he was always anxious she would deny him again.

"Hmm, let's see. Do I want to go out with my boyfriend?" Y/N asked playfully. "I think I'd like that."

Barry smiled, "Tomorrow?"

"Sure," Y/N smiled back, "What are we going to do?"

"Is there anything you want to do?"

"Ice skating. I'm so sick of summer," Y/N responded without missing a beat.

"Wow that was fast. Ice skating it is, but I should warn you, I haven't skated since I was, like, 8."

"You'll be fine. 2 o'clock?"

"Sure."

Y/N's phone buzzed. Joe had gotten both her and Barry cell phones in case they needed help. "Sorry Barr, Mom needs me for something. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay," Barry smiled as she opened the front door. Tomorrow was going to be the best day ever. "Take that Tony," Barry thought to himself as he closed the door, still smiling.

1:00 PM, July 15, 2006

"Oh my gosh Barry! This is so exciting! What are you guys doing? What are you wearing? Wha-"

"Iris, calm down," Barry chuckled, "First, we're going ice skating and second, I was hoping you could help me with that."

Barry winced as Iris let out an ear-piercing squeal, "Oh my gosh this is so cliche!!!"

"Okay you need to take it down, like, 10 notches."

"Sorry, I'm just so happy for you guys! Come on let's go find you something to wear," Iris dragged Barry over to his closet.

10 minutes later

Iris had picked out a pair of blue jeans and a red flannel, or, in other words, pretty much what he wore everyday. Iris led Barry into the bathroom to do his hair. "So Barry, when was the last time you went ice skating?"

"Um, when I was 8," Barry laughed.

"I'm going to assume this was her idea?" Iris asked laughing.

"Yeah."

"I'll have ice packs ready for you when you get home," Iris joked.

"Oh come on, it can't be that hard, right? I mean I'm older now."

"Barry, that's not how ice skating works."