Chapter 31

2:38 PM

"Oh my gosh Barry are you okay?" Y/N laughed as she skated over to Barry who had just slipped and fallen backwards.

Barry gratefully took her hands as he tried to stand up, "How are you so good at this?"

"I used to figure skate."

"Can you, like, skate backwards and stuff?"

Y/N smiled, "I can skate backwards, but it's been a long time since I did turns and jumps."

"Show me!"

"I don't know, Barr. I'll probably fall..."

"I've fallen 10 times in the past 5 minutes. Come on, for me?" Barry pleaded.

"Ugh fine, but only because you look adorable right now," Y/N skated Barry over to the wall so he wouldn't fall. She skated out towards the middle of the rink.

The crowd cheered as Y/N entered the rink. She heard the music start and she started skating. "Skate, turn, skate, jump, backwards, turn" she thought to herself as she skated. She looked up and saw her mom and dad cheering her on, when she felt herself falling. She slammed into the ice.

Barry watched Y/N as she slipped and fell. "Y/N!" he called out as he stumbled over to her.

"I-I'm fine."

"No, no you're not. Do you want to go?"

Y/N nodded slowly, "I'm sorry I ruined our date."

"Hey, it's okay. Come on, we can go to my house and watch a movie or something."

"Thanks," Y/N stood up and helped Barry get on his feet.

25 minutes later

Barry paused the movie, "Hey, you never told me what happened out there."

"Oh, um, it was nothing. I just slipped."

"I saw the look in your eyes, you didn't just slip. The only times you ever look like that is when you think about your parents." Y/N snuggled closer to Barry as tears began streaming down her cheeks. "It's okay, I'm here, we don't have to talk right now if you don't want to."

"You're so amazing."

"Oh yeah?" Barry said, smiling.

"Yeah. You're always here for me when I need you."

"I love you," Barry whispered.

Y/N looked up, "W-what?"

"I love you," he repeated, his face just inches from hers.

"I love you too," Y/N said before she pulled him into a passionate kiss. Barry was startled at first, but kissed back. They broke apart, both smiling, their cheeks a deep shade of scarlet.

"Aww, how cute."