12. Caged in Fear, Lost in Hope

Piper's POV

We walked into the room that the Alchemist was in. He turned to face us.

Alchemist: Did you come looking for your child?

Piper: Obviously, I don't care about you.

The Alchemist feigned hurt, putting a hand to his chest.

Alchemist: I'm hurt, truly, deeply hurt.

He laughed.

Alchemist: Here to vanquish me?

Piper: Yep.

Alchemist: Sorry to tell you, if you vanquish me, you will never find your son.

Piper: That's a chance we're willing to take.

I froze him.

Piper: Alright, he isn't going to stay frozen for long. Let's say the spell.

Paige and Phoebe stood beside me as we said the Alchemist vanquishing spell.

Sisters: Let flesh be flesh and bone be bone, the Alchemist shall transform none. Cruel scientist of evil borne, with these words face the fire's scorn.

The Alchemist caught fire and soon disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Leo: Now we have to find Chris before that plan is put into motion.

Paige: I hope Chris is okay.

I sighed.

Piper: If I learned anything from the past ten years of knowing adult Chris, he's fine.

Leo smiled at me as we started walking down the hallway to look for Chris.

Wyatt's POV

Melinda called Sam about ten minutes ago. We are waiting for him to show up.

Melinda: How long does it take to get here from his house?

Wyatt: I don't know. I've never been there.

We heard the doorbell.

Wyatt: That has to be him!

Melinda and I ran from the kitchen to the front door. I opened it to find Sam standing there, looking confused.

Sam: I don't think you know what a pleasure it is to have been at your house twice today when I haven't been here once my whole life.

I rolled my eyes as Sam walked past me into the house. I returned inside and closed the front door.

Sam: What do you need? Is Chris okay?

Wyatt: Chris is fine, look I-

Sam: Is he still sleeping in the shower?

Sam smirked at me.

Wyatt: No, he's- never mind.

I sighed.

Wyatt: I need to see your phone.

Sam raised his eyebrow.

Sam: Why?

Wyatt: Why? Uh, why? Well-

Melinda: I heard it's the brand new iPhone, and well, Mom won't let me have one and I wanted to see it.

I looked at Melinda with wide eyes. That was a quick response.

Sam: Oh, yeah, sure.

Sam took the phone out of his pocket and handed it to Melinda who took it gently.