22. It's the Most Magical Time of the Year

September 13, 2019

Chris's POV

I yawned as I walked into the kitchen. I made myself some cereal and sat down at the kitchen island. I grabbed the cereal box to read the back of it. I felt dust or something land on my face. I turned around to see Mom throwing salt at me.

Chris: What are you doing?

Piper: It's Friday the 13th, can't be too safe.

I rolled my eyes as she continued to throw salt at me, obviously missing my shoulder.

Chris: You do know that salt trick only works if you throw it over your shoulder backwards, right?

Mom stared at me for a second before going around to face my front. She proceeded to throw salt over my shoulder. I rolled my eyes. Wyatt and Melinda came into the kitchen.

Wyatt: Who's ready for the homecoming dance tonight!?

Piper: Oh, Wyatt, honey, take this.

She handed him a bag of salt.

Wyatt: Why?

Piper: Am I not raising you right? It's Friday the 13th. If anything happens, throw some salt over your shoulder.

Wyatt just nodded.

Melinda: And beware of black cats.

Mom nodded as I sighed.

Piper: That too.

Chris: Not you too, Melinda.

Melinda just smiled and shrugged. Dad orbed into the kitchen.

Leo: I bring a message from the elders.

Mom rolled her eyes before giving Dad a kiss.

Piper: What is it this time?

Leo: Well, as your mom has probably informed you of already, today is Friday the 13th.

Wyatt and I groaned as Melinda smiled wider.

Melinda: And!?

Dad chuckled.

Leo: And, that means today is also one of the most magical days of the year.

Chris: So, does that mean our powers will have extra effect?

Dad shrugged.

Leo: That's part of it.

Wyatt: What's the other part?

Leo: Well, witches aren't the only being with heightened abilities.

Chris: Oh great. You're saying that demons, warlocks, vampires, and werewolves will be out in full force tonight?

Dad nodded.

Leo: Yes, but so will fairies, elves, Cupids, and whitelighters. Every magical being who has powers will be able to use them three times the actual amount.

Melinda's jaw dropped and Wyatt smiled.

Piper: Oh no. That doesn't mean you guys get to use your powers just for the fun of it.

Wyatt: Darn.

Leo: Yes, but your lives should go on as normal. Most of the time, nothing happens on Friday the 13th, especially since Barbas was vanquished.

Chris: So ...?

Piper: So go to your dance, but be careful what you do and who you let in.

Wyatt and I nodded.