Chapter 30

Dean POV:

I'm being selfish and keep the secret of Seth's life in a glass bottle in the middle of my chest. I skipped the club a couple of days in fear of Roman's presence there. I can't face him with guilty so I just stay away until he leaves this place.

I palm my face and try to focus on the cooking to prepare lunch for us. I go to the refrigerator and notice we are run out of eggs, "Ugh, damn.." I curse under my breath as I walk to the living room where Seth is laying on the couch, watching television.

"Sorry, baby. We're run outta eggs, so I'm going to the store." I say, grabbing my wallet from the coffee table. I lean down to press a kiss on his cheek and ruffle his hair before moving.

My feet stop from taking a step further when a force pulls me back. I turn to look at him as he grabs my hand with a slight smile on his face. He grabs the wallet from me and looks into my eyes, "It's my time to leave. I mean.. I'll go to the store."

I resist and try to convince him, but he doesn't listen to my words and runs to the door. He will never retreat if he obsessives in something. I won't tell that is wrong because whom will he be with stubborn if that is not me.

I love everything from him so nothing seems wrong in my eyes if that belongs to him. I watch him turn to look at me as his hand holding the doorknob. He runs over to me and throws himself at me, wrapping his legs around my waist.

We stare at each other until he leans forward to press his lips against mine in a desperate kiss. I feel the spark between us as our lips move effortlessly together, melding perfectly like it is made for each other.

He pulls away from me and leans his forehead against mine, "I love you." We close our eyes and stay in each other's arms for a few minutes until he jumps off me and gives me a slight smile.

"What's this?" I grab his hand when he turns to leave for the store. I feel like it's the last we are sharing our moment together. I kick the thought away in the back of my mind and pretend to be normal in front of him.

"I-I don't know. I just wanted to." He shutters and makes his way to the door. Before I respond, he waves a hand at me and disappears through the door. I hope he will return home safely.

I sigh and sit on the couch, flipping through the channels, not getting interested in any program. After a few minutes, I startle and look up at the door when I hear the knocks. Who would be at the door?

I strictly told my friends not to disturb us in the day off so they wouldn't be here. With the thought, I stay on the couch, but the knock doesn't stop. My body hurts when I stand up, so I groan in pain as I walk to the door.

My eyes widen when it lands on the man who I've wished to avoid until he leaves this place. "H-Hey, Roman." I wave a hand at him as I eye the street, praying to God to make Seth come home a little later.

I have no idea why Roman is here. Does he know that Seth is here? I stare at him with the fear of him taking my love away from me. I wet my suddenly dry lips and grip the door, not knowing what to do now.

"Hey," He shakes me to the earth and gets me out of my thoughts. "May I come in?" He asks with a slight smile on his face.

"Yeah," I step to the side to let him in and close the door behind us.

"I looked everywhere for you that day but you left." He says as he looks around the room.

"Sorry.. emergency!" I lie to him. I didn't ask sorry for not just leaving him, but also hiding his brother from him. I can't see him in the eyes with culpable, so I look at the floor instead.

"Oh.." He says and kneels down in front of Deanie, petting its head. He and his brother have the same taste in animals and they are too cared for them.

"I'll bring you something to drink." I try to escape to the kitchen, not having the guts to deal with him. I hope he will leave my house soon before Seth comes here. I don't want Seth to see his brother and leave me like I'm just trash.

He gets up from the floor and grabs my hand, "No formalities. I've no time to chat with you. I have a flight at 2.00 pm and it's getting late already."

I nod and squeeze his hand, "Don't worry, your brother will be safe. Just believe he is in good hands and live a joyful life." The words leave my mouth automatically because I wish to say it to him.

He takes a deep breath and grabs my hand, "Yeah, I hope so. Thank you for everything. You're the only friend I have got here, so I got your address from your friend to visit you before leaving this place. Thank you for all the concerns you were shown at me."

"That's the least I could do." I give him an awkward smile. I pull him into a hug and appease his back, mouthing 'I'm sorry'. I ask sorry to him in an inaudible voice, for betraying him.

He pulls away from me and slips his hand in his pocket to give me something, "Here is my card so if you need anything, just please contact me. I hope we'll meet soon."

I nod and get the card from him. I wave a hand at him as he leaves my house without knowing that his brother is here. I watch his car until it is out of sight and look over the card that he has given to me. I tear the card into pieces and throw it in the air because I don't want anything that is related to Seth's past near us.

Roman POV:

I don't know what I will tell my mom when I reach the house. I'm sure they will blame me for all of this because I've convinced them to let Colby visit here. I saw him that day in the Luna park, but I missed him somehow.

I feel embarrassed about not finding him still. I rub my face in frustration and focus on the road, not wanting to crash into anything. A slight smile tug at my face and I put a hard swerve in the car when my eyes land on a familiar figure.

Colby!

I get out of the car and see him walking on the pavement with eggs in his hand. "Colby," I yell at him and make him turn to look at me.

He drops the eggs on the ground and stares at me with wide eyes. "Ro!" He stumbles a bit and holds his hand out to me. Before he falls on the ground, I catch him in my arms and shake him to wake him up.

I get tensed when I hear no response from him. I pick him up in my arms and carry him to the car. I make him lay on the backseat and grab a bottle of water, spraying the liquid on his face.

He still doesn't respond to me, so I drop the bottle down and start the car to the hospital. I don't know whether to get happy for finding him or worry about his unconscious state. But I'm sure I'm not going to Florida alone!