Chapter 35

Colby POV:

I'm laying on the bed upside down and trying my best to erase the picture of an icy blue-eyed man out of my mind. "I gotta get over this thing, Kevin." I groan and throw the stress ball up in the air and catch it as it falls down.

"You knew Ro told it was nothing, but I didn't feel like that. Hey, listen, you idiot!" I whine and throw the ball with more gusto this time. "I had no one with me now other than you. You knew dad called Ro to the office again, so he couldn't comfort me this time." I sigh and throw the stress ball up in the air again.

"Why do other comfort you while I'm here?" A voice calls out at the door and gets my attention. AJ is standing there at the doorway with his arms crossed and looks over at me.

I furrow my eyebrows as I turn to look at him, "AJ?" I forget about the stress ball that I'm throwing in the air so it plunks me straight in the eye and makes me howl in irritation. I'm a fucking pathetic spot to be seen. I slide down on the bed and get a hit on the floor while regaining my position.

"Ouch!" I whine and rub my head slightly, trying to get over the pain.

He runs over to me and rubs my head with me, trying to comfort me. "Is it hurt, baby?" He asks and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

I shake my head and try to move, but he grabs my hand and pulls me against him. "You're gorgeous!" He says and plays with my hair, stroking it a bit. He looks in my eyes for a few minutes and leans forward to kiss me, but I cover his mouth with my hand.

"What are you doing?" I ask in confusion and shove him away from me.

"I just try to make you forget that horrible moment." He says and grabs my hand, giving it a squeeze. He acts weirdly now, so it makes me tensed and annoyed about the whole thing.

"It will give me another horrible moment if you kiss me. So, no thanks. We didn't marry yet." I say sternly. I feel guilty already that I haven't been genuine to a man with whom I'm going to be married.

"Sorry, I just lost my mind. Shall we go to a restaurant for lunch?" He asks and ruffles my hair. He sits on the bed and pets Kevin's head, giving it a kiss. There is a secret behind my acceptance of his marriage proposal and no one knows about it except Roman and Kevin. And that is, he takes care of Kevin like his son.

"Just wait twenty minutes, I'll be back," I say and walk over to the closet, grabbing fresh clothes from it. As I turn to walk over, I see a familiar face on the gate through the window.

The clothes slip out of my hand as I look out the window and find who he is. I get tensed as I watch the argument between the blue-eyed man and the security who is standing at the gate. I look over my shoulder when I feel AJ's presence behind me.

"What happened?" He asks and shoves me away, looking out the window. He holds the curtain tightly until his knuckles turn into white but he doesn't tear it and that's the good part in it. I don't like people getting into violence.

"I just go and find what is going on there while you get dressed." He turns to look at me and pats my shoulder, giving me a small smile.

I nod slowly and walk over to the bed, sitting on it. I grab my phone and search the contacts for my brother's number to solve the situation while pulling Kevin into my lap for comfort.

Dean POV:

I find Seth's home after long months and try to invade it, wanting to see his beautiful face, but the security doesn't allow me. I try to explain the situation I'm in but he doesn't ready to listen to my words.

When I understand he won't let me get inside however I try, I push him away and run into the driveway. I fall on the floor on my butt when I bump into a man who crosses my path unnecessarily. I try to pass him, but he blocks my way and gives me a stern look.

"You've come into a wrong address so I'll show you the right path." He says and wraps his arm around my shoulders, guiding my way to the gate.

Something in him makes me feel wrong so I shove him away, "Why are you acting with me so nicely?"

"It's not acting, Dean. It's a concern! I can understand how you're crazy for him. Not only you, everyone drools over for him!" He says and grabs my hand forcefully, taking me to the gate.

"I'm not like you and those guys whom you're mentioned. I love him, idiot." I yell at him in the face. "I lost my heart to him where he lost himself!" I whimper in emotions and remember the moment that he is laying on the road, getting hit by a car.

"It's your madness!" He laughs and turns around, faking a smile. "You might love him when he forgot himself but I engaged him when he knew himself, you stupid bartender!"

My eyes widen when I hear the words that leave his mouth. Does this mean he knows about me everything? I blink my eyes when he whistles at me and shoves his hands inside his pockets.

A tear leaves my eye as the word roll into my tongue, "Engaged?!" I glance at his gaze and find Seth standing at the window. I feel my heart burst as he hides behind the wall, not wanting to see me.

I walk backward without creating any problem and get out of the place. I don't know what to do now. I love him with my whole heart, but he doesn't feel it. I left everything in Las Vegas for nothing, and I understood now.