Chapter 209: Thoughts Of The Son

*Warning there will be profanity in this chapter*

Chapter 209

June 17th 20XX

Yakuza Hideout, Eri's Room

2:55 PM

Eri: Well I don't do much, but I draw sometimes

Izuku: *looking at the drawings around Eri's room* When you draw why aren't you smiling?

Eri: I... I don't understand a smile anymore

Izuku in a way understood this, sure he felt happy but he could never be fully happy, was it the death of his mother or the collapse of his dreams, it circled around him, still he could remember what being happy was like, Eri had lost that feeling.

Izuku: Well how about this Eri, I promise to make you smile okay?

Eri: Okay Izuku I'll trust you

Izuku: Thank you Eri

As Izuku was getting to know Eri, Shoto was unpacking all of the supplies that the two boys had brought. Shoto was hoping he would get some help unloading all of the supplies but it seemed Overhaul had other plans. It annoyed Shoto more than anything, he then reasoned to himself that he was probably just nervous, he didn't want to tell Izuku but he felt like he was walking through snow, he got revealed something new everyday for the past few days and it felt like reality itself was changing

Shoto sighed he didn't feel like he should be all poetic in his thoughts. He needed to focus on the task at hand, understandably it wasn't easy working with all of these thoughts increasing his mind. He looked around the room, it had ample spacing but it felt small, it was underground so Shoto factored that being underground was changing his perspective on things.

He looked at the setup, there were city cameras and even a police scanner. There were monitors that were turned off but Shoto assumed that they would be beneficial with the mission, Mission Shoto knew that for him this wasn't a mission. This was personal, he remembered how his father was such an asshole just because he couldn't be number one.

To Shoto he didn't give a shit about morality, his father had caused his family pain, locked his mother away and when he promised to let him see her and he had lied, that bastard just used Shoto, and now he was going to be the new number one hero, Shoto was going to dethrone him, he shouldn't be able to get what he wanted after all he had done to fuck over the world, it was disgusting and it pissed Shoto off.

Shoto realized that both sides of his body were either smoking or chilling the air. He calmed himself down, he needed to stay calm, in order to beat his father he had to be in control of himself.

Shoto thought back to his fight against Bakugo, he would have lost if not for his strategy, Shoto was no match for Bakugo, even without Zen Mode he was on a rampage, his father could get the same way and Shoto knew that as long as he held that advantage he could end his father's retched legacy and burn into to ashes and move on from everything that caused him pain.

*Author's Note*

This chapter was the first chapter I put a profanity warning (instead of a language warning)  on the chapter. This is very unusual for me and it was more for setting the tone of the chapter. 

Originally this was going to be two separate chapters, finishing the scene with Eri then this Shoto one, however I decided to put the two chapters into one chapter. The next chapter however will be more how should I say... interesting.