Chapter 222: Is He A Contradiction

Chapter 222

June 18th 20XX

Yakuza Base

6:00 PM

Overhaul had come back to the antechamber and observed the progress, Izuku was much more gentler in his approach to training, however Overhaul couldn't argue about the results. He figured it would be fine to let Izuku and Shoto go to the Hero Ranking Party, there was no harm in it after all. At this point Izuku was trapped in his web and he couldn't get out.

Overhaul walked towards the door to the antichamber. He was ready to give them a break, he had enough time after all. Eri had potential he had no doubt about that, and in a way Overhaul was proud. He shook the feeling off and opened the door.

Overhaul: Okay you two can finish now

Eri: Look at this!

Izuku threw 10 knives each other on his finger, they flew towards Eri and then they crumbled just before they would have hit her

Eri: Cool Right?

Overhaul noticed that Eri was happy, she wasn't smiling but she is happier, Izuku that boy is a contradiction, even if he was taking it easy on her why has she changed so suddenly. Izuku is the one who let Kamino get decimated, he is partially responsible for the destruction and devastation and somehow he is making Eri happy. Overhaul suddenly stopped thinking, he didn't want to cause a scene here.

Overhaul: That's excellent Eri, because you made such good progress you can eat with Izuku

Eri: Thank you

Overhaul looked at Izuku, there were no malice in his eyes at the moment, Overhaul thought he had Izuku figured out, he was his puppet and yet Izuku had secrets. Overhaul knew to hide his emotions for the time being, patience is key especially with these unusual events.