My Hot CEO Chapter 48:

Zustin ->

A few more chapters until this story ends

I gulp thickly and stare at her with wide eyes, completely in shock at the words that slipped from her mouth. I can't believe she'd accuse me of such atrocious accusations. Do I really look like the type to be like that? Do I look like id ever do any of that to the love of my life? To the man I practically live for at the moment?

"I-I-" I shake my head, blinking rapidly, completely speechless.

"Well?" She raises her perfectly plucked eyebrow. "What is it?"

"How could you accuse me of such false accusations after hearing me speak and seeing me be myself in front of your son and your family? In what way did I come off as fake or anything you're accusing me of being?" I say softly, hurt clear in my voice.

"Don't try to make me feel bad," she closes her eyes tightly, "I won't fall for it, I can't fall for it. Not when it comes to my baby. Nothing will stop me from protecting my boy. No girl will every be right for him were his words to me when..." She stops and looks away from me to look out the kitchen window where they all sat around the table chatting away.

"Amelia died," I finish for her and her head snaps over in my direction faster then the speed of sound, frightening me.

"Don't you dare ever say her name again," she spat angrily, moving up to stand in front of me, "how dare you mention her name! How do you know of her? Which privet investigator did you get to dig up my son's past?"

"Uh, Maria?" I furrow my eyebrows.

Her facial expression drops and she looks at me like a confused puppy, "w-what? You know Maria?"

"I don't just know her," I chuckle to lighten the tense mood, "I praise her."

"Why'd Maria tell you?" She asks. "Wait... If Maria told you, that means that... Oh no."

"What?" I frown.

"Justin doesn't know that you know," she whispers.

I grimace and shake my head, "I didn't want to cause problems for him and Maria so I kept it to myself instead of telling him I know. I wouldn't want to start anything between him and Maria."

"Do you know how hurt he'll be that you know?" She looks at me incredulously. "If you don't tell him you know now instead of waiting, I don't know if he'll forgive you for keeping it for him for so long. That's one thing he didn't get from me; he isn't very forgiving."

I gulp and run my hand through my hair, "o-okay. When the time is right and we're alone, I will. I've never kept anything from him, I promise."

She nods and her expression changes back to when she accused me, "so answer my questions. How are you in a relationship with him?"

"Y-You want the long story-"

"When it comes to my son I'll listen to you for hours to be sure of his happiness along with his future," she says in a solemn voice.

I nod and grab a towel to dry while she washes which she shakes her head at, "no, I'll do it, I don't like it when other people do-"

"Maria makes sure I know what I'm doing when it comes to anything kitchen related and from what I've been told, you love the way she does everything." I smile.

She sighs, a smile gracing her lips at thought of Maria and nods her head.

"Um, so," I lick my lips, "about Justin and I, we've only been dating for about 6 weeks yet it's felt like I've been dating him since I met him 3 months ago."