Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Rose point of view

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Alex screeched making me roll over sleepy."Mama mama mama mama! Wake upppppppp!" Alex shouted standing up in the bed.

"On your butt now." I mumbled with my eyes still closed and laying on my side.

"Up up uppie" She began jumping. "Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey" She jumped again.

"Stop" I mumbled still very sleepy. "Come snuggle" I opened my arms for her.

She stopped jumping and stood still for a second I opened my eyes slightly to see a half naked baby in her nappy just staring at me clearly debating what to do. Eventually she smiled at me and snuggled into my eyes.

"Mommy you took to long to wake up. Me miss ooo" She booped my nose making me smile.

"I'm sorry babygirl. Mommy's awake now" I have her a little squeeze and tapped her nappied bottom "Baby needs changing "I whispered kissing her cheek.

" No mama, me comfy now. "She snuggled further in to my body, i loved feeling her warmth against my somewhat cold skin.

" Nuh huh. You wanted me awake, now I am. Time to change your wet little bottom" I escaped from her death grip and stood up grabbing the changing bag quickly.

"No! I don't need changing mama." Alex said trying to squirm away from me.

"Baby stop" I held her hips down. "If I don't change you, you'll get nasty little rash and it will be stingy okay? So let me change you." Alex nodded gently and have up fighting allowing me to change her nicely, i decided to put a tiny bit of cream on her butt to help the little bit of redness that had formed from her wet nappy. The moment I strapped the little tabs down on her nappy she jumped right out of bed and began heading to the door.

"Don't even think about it, get back here now." I was pointing to the floor in front of me. She stopped in her spot but held her hand out to open the door "Alexis. Here. Now." I said sternly making her walk towards me arms crossed and pouting.

"But."

"No buts, you need to at least put a hoddie on you'll be freezing otherwise baby." I went to retrieve her a big hoddie of mine, gosh we need to get her some clothes for here if she's staying here all the time. "Stop with the sulking. It won't get me to give in."

"But mommy." Her voice was soft and squeeky, it was adorable her little frowny face and glazed over eyes making me want to give in instantaneously but I knew I had to be a good mommy and make her listen.

"Nope not gonna work, arms up." I put her hoddie on. "Lets get you some breakfast then brush your teeth and get washed. Then we decide what to do today before you go home." I put on my usual attire of shorts and a comfy t-shirt, then we walked downstairs together her small hand intertwined with my as she hopped down the steps one by one.

"No wanna leave mommy." She mumbled under her breath.

"I know baby." I cooed gently rubbing her hodded back. "I don't want to either. We can call before bedtime and I will let you take any hoddie you want home with you." I kisses her head.

"Okay " She whispered ever so gently her voice sounded defeated and made my heart ache for making her go home. She needs to spend time with her mom and sometime alone too, i love her so much but I know if we spend ever second together she might get sick of me. And you know what they say *Absence makes the heart grow fonder* But right now the thought alone is breaking mine.

I picked up Alex and at sat her down on the sofa, she held her blankey tight to her chest as she looked up to me and smiled gently, i booped her nose and handed her the teddy which she quickly grabbed to her chest and snuggled into her face.