Becca the PI

I try to open my eyes but they hurt so much from crying all night. I stumble to the bathroom and splash water on my face.

Looking into the mirror I do not like what I see. I am a queen damnit not some weak little girl.

My wolf pops in my head "your the queen of all wolves, our mate included" looking deep into my own eyes I can not help but agree. What is the point of power if you can't have what you want. I am going to walk right up to him today and take back my rejection. River might be mad for a while but he will forgive me, the mate bond will fix this.

After getting ready I walk down to my dads office. "Hi dad, any updates?" I ask after walking in. My mom and dad are both sitting at the desk in his office.

"Well honey" my mom starts speaking, "one of our pack members at the train station stopped River from buying tickets for himself and his little sister Hope".

Hope, I have seen him with her a few times, I remember seeing him pick her up from school when I went to pick my young cousin up once. "Why would he run with his sister?" I asked myself.

My dad continues, "he was trying to buy a ticket to Illinois, but our pack member told him he could not get the ticket without showing he had guardianship rights because his sister is a minor".

I let out the breath I was holding, "well as long as he does not try to leave using another mode of transit we should be good then" I say excitedly. "Plus I will talk to him today and by the party I will be announcing him as my mate and future king" I say smirking.

I am smiling from ear to ear when my mom interrupts my thoughts, "well honey that is if he accepts taking back the rejection"she says sadly.

My dad chuckles and says, "don't worry my lovely mate, Becca is a queen, When she takes back the rejection his wolf will submit to her will, he won't be able to resist even if his human side is not ready to accept her back".

My mother glares at my father, "darling" my mother says, "forcing is not the best way to start off a relationship".

My father gives my mother a small smile before looking at me, "Becca darling while forced submission is not ideal you need to do whatever is needed to finish the mating process. I will not have my kingdoms future at risk because of one stubborn wolf. The mate bond will fix whatever hurt feelings come up while you sort this all out" he says firmly.

With new determination I thank my parents and head downstairs to finish getting ready for school. Sam and I drive to school together as always, the entire time brainstorming the best way to fix the damage I have caused with my mate.

I dont see River and before I know it lunch time comes around. I walk over to Sam glaring at the rest of the fake friends sitting at my normal lunch table. I look at them, trying to keep my cool, "leave" is all I am able to say without blowing up and shifting in the middle of the cafeteria. They scamper off while I plop down to talk to Sam. "Have you seen him" I ask?

"Not yet but I have eyes looking for him" Sam replies.

I am halfway through my pizza when I get a mind link from one of the omegas "River is in the old art class talking to Gus" I immediately respond back asking her to try to listen in while Sam and I make our way to the art class.

The old art class is located in an abandoned area of the school that is being renovated. Gus is known to be a shady guy, I wonder what River is doing with a guy like that. Sam and I are almost there when the omega, Tina I think is her name links me to say River left and she was not able to hear the conversation.

Damn I think to myself but then realize that I can just make Gus tell me what River wanted. As I approach Gus he looks at me and gives me a sly smirk, Gus knows I hate him, not only is he a rogue but he is also a slime ball.

I mind link Tina to scram as Sam and I approached Gus.

"Hello my beautiful queen" Gus says as Sam and I get closer, "to what do I owe the pleasure of your company today?"

"Cut the shit", Sam spits out, "what did you and River just talk about?"

Gus is trying to look smug but I can feel the unease radiating off of him as we glare at him.

"Well, well, well it looks like this loser rogue has something our little queen needs" Gus says looking cocky as hell.

I give a small laugh and in less time than it takes to blink an eye I have Gus by the neck with his feet off the ground.

Sam smiles at me and then at Gus as he frantically tries to loosen my grip on his neck. "He is looking a little blue babe", Sam says to me, "perhaps if he could breath he may be smart enough to answer the fucking question this time".

I drop Gus and glare down at him. After coughing and catching his breath Gus looks at me and smiles.

"Listen doll, I will tell you whenever you want to know for the right price" Gus says confidently.

"Fucking prick my wolf says in my head"............."what's the price asshole?", I ask through gritted teeth.

Gus smirks at me, "today is your lucky day my queen, I don't need the cash so I could part with my knowledge for some..... rumor confirmation from you".

"What's the rumor?", I say, less than pleased with the insolence of this stupid rogue.

"Well" Gus says "a little birdie told me you and River are mates and that you rejected him, is that true?"

"What the fuck is it to you?" Sam snaps!" "It's the price", Gus replies calmly.

I mind link Sam quickly, "should I tell him?"Sam thinks for a moment and then replies, "everyone will know on Saturday anyway I guess I don't see the harm in him knowing a few days before, not to mention the rejection was not done quietly or in privet, I am betting most of the school knows by now".

"Why do you want to know?", I ask.

"Knowledge is power, and I make my living on knowing the juicy stuff", Gus replies while raising his eyebrows.

I take a deep breath in to make Gus feel like I am hesitant, "you tell me everything you know about River AND everything you two were just talking about and I will fill you in on this rejection rumor directly from the source" I say with a smirk.