I guess this is it River

Queen Rebecca just left me with a fucking silver dagger in my stomach and wolves bane coursing through my veins. I have never been in so much pain.

I know she hates me and wants me dead I just don't understand why. I won't give up any information on my mate, not only would I never betray her but Hope is also at risk if the evil queen gets to them. I try to close my eyes and imagine my mate and sister but the pain is too much. I just pray they are safe, no pain could ever compare to the pain of losing them.

I can't understand why the queen hates me so much, did I do something I can't remember? I may not remember everything but I know who I am and I can't imagine I would have done anything to piss her off. Unless I had to do something to protect Hope, but even then, I am not a killer, I just don't understand why she hates me so much. Rose told me that it was nothing personal, that Rebecca just hates rogues but this feels fucking personal.

One thing that confuses me the most is that Rebecca keeps calling me her ex mate.... does she think she could trick me into thinking we were mates? Is she implying that we used to be friends. I try not to overthink it while suffering massive amounts of pain. The guards come in every once in a while and beat me to a pulp also making sure I don't remove the dagger from my stomach. I pulled it out once only to have it jammed back in so I won't make that mistake again.

I have not had any food or water so that added with the blood loss is causing me to quickly fade. I have no understanding of time as the dungeon has no windows but the guards have changed shifts 3 times so morning must be near. I pass out every so often which I am thankful for but as soon as I wake the pain shoots through me and I am back to praying for this to end.

I can feel her evil aura before I can see her. Queen Rebecca walks up to me with a witch by her side. I don't bother to look up, I can smell who they are without looking.

Queen Rebecca chuckles slightly before speaking to the witch, "what do you think?", she asks her?

I glance up at the witch, she is older, maybe 70, with white hair and bright pink lipstick on. The witch is looking at me with curious eyes before she turns to Queen Rebecca, "lets talk outside"she whispers but with werewolf hearing I can hear her clearly. Queen Rebecca nods, shoots me an evil glare and they walk away.

I close my eyes tight. What if this witch forces me to talk? What can I do to stop her from making me betray my family. I am panicked, scared and now looking for something I can do to end this before that witch can make me talk. I slowly look down at the dagger still plunged into my stomach.

I close my eyes lightly, "please forgive me Hope" I whisper while tears roll down my face. I promised to protect Hope and at this time I can only think of one way to do that, dead men can tell no tales.

I slowly pull the dagger out, my hands burning from the silver touching my bare skin. I grunt in pain, grinding my teeth to stop myself from screaming out in pain. I look at the dagger one last time before I slice along both wrists, praying that I bleed out before anyone notices what I have done.

The last thing I say before I slip into the darkness is, "please forgive me Hope and Rose, I have to do this to keep you safe, I love you both more than you will ever know".

Black dots fill my eyes and the pain is gone, I slip away quietly, a strange feeling of peace wrapping over me like a warm blanket as I quickly bleed out on the floor of my dirty, cold cell.