Chapter 22 The Try-outs

Six in the morning on a Saturday. Now anyone else would want to go back to sleep till lunchtime but no. Emma had signed up for quidditch tryouts. She quickly put on her robes and went down for breakfast.

At the start of the day were tryouts for the first years Emma realised that there was only one other girl Arianwen Griffiths, Emma knew that she was a good flyer her mother and father were on the Welsh national team as beaters. Emma had wanted to try for chaser, keeper and seeker. For her first match she played as a chaser with Max Danial and Jeremy Smith together they scored fifty on her own Emma scored twenty points. Then she tried as keeper and not one Quaffle thrown through the hoops. Then finely it was her time to try as a seeker. She flew in the up in the air and out the corner of her eye saw her opponent it was Arianwen. Emma narrowly dodged a Quaffle several times and multiple Bludgers, Arianwen was desperately searching for the snitch but in the end, followed Emma as she could see it as clear as day. They were neck and neck when a Bludger came pelting towards them Emma just dodged it in time but Arianwen was not as lucky and her broom was destroyed Emma pulled up and just managed to catch her "Emma you catch it you deserve it" Arianwen shouted hoping to be heard over the wind hitting her face.

"No we catch it together we are both in this to gather" Emma shouted back trying not to choke on the wind. They both reached out and grabbed it together, the match was over and they landed. They were told that they would be told if they made the team next week after everyone left Emma helped to find the pieces of the broken broom.

"It, it, it is broken beyond repair my mother is going to be so mad this was her first broom her pride and joy." Sobbed Arianwen

As Emma took out her wand from her sleeve she put the broomstick together in order "Reparo" and the broom was just as good as new.

"Thank you Thank you. How did you do that?" Said Arianwen

"You are welcome. I do not know I just felt for you, I find magic works better when there is raw emotion behind the spell" explained Emma, snow started to fall around them Arianwen could not control her emotions any more and gave Emma the tightest hug ever as tears of happiness trickled down her face.

DISCLAMER: I do not own the characters full rights go to J.K Rowling and Warner Bros. I am just a fan wright fan fiction for other fans. If you like the Emma Evergreen Series please vote so I know to carry on writing and share with friends and family. Please do not hesitate to leave a comment so I know what you liked about the chapter and what I need to improve on. Thank you so much.