Chapter 26 Christmas

They went to 12 Grimmauld Place for Christmas. Sirius had the whole house decorated there was tinsel snaking up the bannisters and there was a Christmas tree in every room. The house was full, there was Cedric and Amos Diggory, all the Wesley's, the Order and more people turned up to join in on the festivity.

Christmas eve was not very eventful not many people came just thous who did not have a family to go to and of course the Potter's came. They had a big feast consisting of a large stuffed turkey, sprouts and more and for pudding, they had a gingerbread house but the people kept complaining that they were eating there house.

The fire was casting shadows on the walls of the living room as Teddy and Emma sat playing a game of wizards chess and everyone else was talking about the 'good old days'. "That's 10 to me" Emma laughed at his puzzled face

"How I was so beating you" wondered Teddy

"You do the same pattern every time, you get predictable" 

It was about 10 o'clock when they were all in bed.

It was the night before Christmas and all through number 12 Grimmauld place, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse well...

Except for Teddy, Emma, Teddy's dog Moony, Emma's owl Dobby and Dobby the free house elf. Emma and Teddy sneaked downstairs to have a look at the presents when Emma grabbed Teddy's hand.

They turned up in the heart of a dark forest where Emma was stood over a destroy cage containing the decaying body of a small snowy owl. Emma opened the cage and picked up the owl. "Hedwig" Teddy whispered Hedwig flew up in the night sky blending into the stars and soared down she landed on Emma's arm and hooted affectionately. Teddy got his wand out his pocket and fixed the cage and Hedwig hopped inside. Emma lifted her wand in the air and a silvery wolf shot out the end and ran away. The rain started to shower heavily from the sky.

An hour had past when Lupin and Sirius arrived. Sirius found this very amusing how they were soaking and asleep around the cage. Lupin crept over and taped them on the head as they slowly started to wake. They disapparated back to the house. Emma and Teddy got into some dry pyjamas as Lupin made them some hot chocolate as Sirius found some ribbon to tie around the top of the cage. After Hedwig died Harry had not had a new pet as it felt like he was replacing her, he was never quite the same.

Christmas morning finely came, everyone met in the living room and nothing was mentioned about that night's adventure. Emma got a lot of chocolate from people she had resurrected, which Emma really needed as she was running low and it was helpful after her transformations, Mrs Weasley had knitted a jumper for Teddy and Emma, Lupin and Tonks had given her a large selection of books, Sirius had given Teddy a yellow and black penknife and Emma a red and yellow penknife, James and lily gave them both long emerald green cloaks, Emma received a number of other items.

Hermione had given James and Lily a wreath of roses and a picture of Harry in his first year after he had killed Quirrell. Harry spotted another present hidden next to the tree and saw the snowy owl inside a cage he knew instantly and looked and Emma who just smiled.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the characters full rights go to J.K Rowling and Warner Bros. I am just a fan wright fan fiction for other fans. If you like the Emma Evergreen Series please vote. 

Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Diwali, whatever it is you celibate I am wishing you a happy and safe one and hopefully an amazing 2021. Thank you for the support this year I am truly thankful and appreciate it dearly. Love Niffy