Smoking

**Taylors Point Of View**

Period 4 was almost over and it had consisted of Ellie and Megan flirting with Mr. Kenzie. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing and I'm pretty sure I've done the work wrong. I didn't see what people saw in Mr. Kenzie, he was just another Mr. Taylor. He knew he was good looking and he fancied himself, but he was nice and that was the main thing.

"Right, lessons almost over. Log off, pack up and stand behind your chairs." Mr. Kenzie Bellows.

"Sir, where do I save my work?" I ask, I had never used these computers before.

"I'll show you" He says walking towards me.

He puts his hand on the mouse and creates a folder called media studies for me. I place my work in it and smile at Mr. Kens. Lunch was upon us and I was close to the canteen so I'd be first in line to get something to eat.

RING RING RING

We all rush out the door and stand in the line for the canteen, Charlie runs up behind me and Toby shortly follows, Noah isn't around though.

"Sausage Roll Please" I say whilst handing over £1.10

"Where's Noah?" Charlie says looking at Toby

"He was talking to Mr. Jayden" Toby says whilst tucking into his hot dog.

"Toby, where do you guys go at lunch" I ask

"Usually the lanes, D'you smoke?" He asks abruptly

"No. I never" I reply shocked.

"Oh, ever tried?" He asks

"Yeah, didn't like it though" I lie

"Fair enough, it's not for everyone." He says

"There's Noah!" Charlie shouts

"Noah!" I say going up to him and giving him a hug.

"Hey, nothing for me? Tight Bastards" Noah says jokingly

"Didn't know what you wanted" I say

"Nothing with cheese on" He says "I'll meet you down there, let me get lunch"

We nod and I let Charlie and Toby lead the way to the lanes. I felt rebellious but it felt good. No teachers were around yet which meant we got out straight away. We walk down the lane and come to a gate, no one else is here but I'm sure someone was following us.

"Got a light?" Toby asks Charlie

"Shisha" She says

"Shisha?" I ask confused

"Yeah, it's one of these" She says whilst pulling out this pen thing out of her blazer "I quit smoking ages ago, I brought one of these and it tastes like redbull"

"Cool" I say whilst she takes a puff and toby looks for someone who has a lighter

"You want to try?" She asks

"I've never known how to blow the smoke" I say.

"I'll show you" She says

she shows me how to do it and I try, it tasted like home, I hadn't felt homesick at all until now. Toby sees Noah walking up with his hoodie on and his hand in his school trousers pockets. Toby runs off and walks up with Noah, he has a bloody knuckle but I chose to ignore it.

"You got a light?" Toby asks Noah whilst jumping around him like some fleas.

"Here" Noah replies holding a lighter to Toby's face.

Toby grabs it and lights up his rollie, his hands either shaking with desperation or because it was cold. Noah comes over to me and puts his arms around me from behind whilst he rests his chin upon my head.

"Hey Boo" He says "Love you"

"Love you too Noah."

"You two are adorabubble" Charlie exclaims

"Adorabubble?" I ask confused

"It's Charlie's word of the Week" Toby jokes, taking short drags

"I like it" Noah says

"I do too" I say

"So, its Friday, How about a party round mine, You're all invited and Taylor, maybe you could make some more friends" Toby says

"What about your dad?" Charlie asks

"In Jersey for a week" He says "Left this morning"

"No mum?" I ask

"She Died, car crash" Toby says sadly

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't.." I say

"Its fine. She never bothered with me anyway" He takes a sad drag and looks at the time. "Anyone Fancy coming to the shop?"

"It'll be fun" I say

We all nod and walk towards the shop, Noah's un-bloody hand rested in mine, his other hand in his pocket keeping out of view. I didn't know what he did, but he didn't look right when he was walking towards us. I won't question it though, I didn't want to question Noah anyway.

"Got any money?" Toby asks me

"Couple of quid" I reply

"That'll get you a few sweets" Noah says

"Charlie, what'chu got?" Toby asks

"Fiver" She replies

We all walk in and I browse the sweets, there were some weird creations here. One chocolate bar stands out from the others, Arnotts Tam-tams. I used to have these all the time as a kid, I loved them so much! They cost 50p... Awesome, I'm going to buy 4.

I walk over to the counter and pay for them whilst the others are still browsing. I stand outside the shop and wait for Charlie, Noah and Toby to walk out. 15 Minutes pass and lunch is almost over, they finally come out with a bag of sweets each.

"Thought we'd lost you Taylor!" Noah exclaims

"I didn't know where you went!" I say

"Lunch's almost over" Charlie says "We should be going"

I open one of the bars and take a bite. They tasted so good. I wished I was back home now. The school was in view now and the bell hadn't gone at all. Noah gives me a massive hug then he picks me up and spins me around, I smile and laugh. Toby and Charlie look at us like we're mad men, I thought we we're just being cute. I couldn't wait to go to science, I just had to survive french, but I guess he liked me so it was okay.