#10 - Silence (Seishi Yodogawa & Kyoko Kirigiri)

Characters: Seishi Yodogawa, Kyoko Kirigiri, Makoto Naegi

Pairing: Seishi Yodogawa & Kyoko Kirigiri, Makoto Naegi x Kyoko Kirigiri

Time Period: Ultimate Talent Development Plan

Prompt: Sitting in comfortable silence while eating a meal.

SPOILERS FOR REBIRTH (more specifically, Seishi's backstory)!

***

Normally, when Kyoko came to the school cafeteria for lunch, Seishi would ask her about her previous experiences as a detective as inspiration for his novels. When she gave her answers, Seishi would always write them down on a special notepad he reserved for ideas.

Today, Kyoko was feeling tired. She had been up all night perusing a phantom thief with her partner Shuichi. When she came into the cafeteria, Makoto was by her side. He held her hand as a makeshift support for her. As soon as Seishi spotted them, he headed over with his lunch and his notepad.

"Hello, Kyoko. Hello, Makoto." He greeted. Seeing Makoto with the detective wasn't uncommon. "How are you two today?" After he said that, she put her arms on the table and rested her head on them.

"Well, Kyoko's really tired from a night chase. I, on the other hand, am completely fine!" Makoto explained, adding a little joke at the end.

Seishi caught the joke and laughed. "I see. Must be really lucky of you." He replied. He put his notepad away, intending to ask Kyoko tomorrow about the night chase.

He didn't bother with small talk, worrying that he might accidentally give the detective a headache. She was really good with what she did, but he knew that he had to try to stay on her good side just in case. A bond might come in handy if she catches him on a job, right? Maybe she won't hit him as hard as his superiors do.

He finished up his lunch and packed his things, getting ready to leave. "Well, I'll see you around, you two." He smiled at them. Kyoko lifted her head up from her position and smiled and him, nodding her head once before putting it back down. Seishi knew that he'd get his information another day.

***

Art credit: uwucore on tumblr (I couldn't find a pic of these two, so have Kyoko with a glock)