#41 - Grieving (Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu x IRL Mikado Sannoji)

Characters: Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu, IRL Mikado Sannoji

Pairing: Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu x IRL Mikado Sannoji (I saw this on instagram and I decided "why not")

Time Period: Post-Danganronpa 2/Super Danganronpa Another 2 AU (I guess?)

Prompt: Giving them space when they express wanting to have some time alone.

SPOILERS FOR DANGANRONPA 2 CHAPTER 6, DANGANRONPA 3 DESPAIR ARC, AND SDRA2 CHAPTERS 0/6!

***

Today was a sad day for the Remnants of Despair in therapy. This was the day that Chiaki Nanami, their late class representative, had been forced to go through a death dungeon by Junko Enoshima.

Fuyuhiko got out of his session and headed back to his shared apartment with a heavy heart. The rebuilt Future Foundation had allowed the Remnants of Despair to have an apartment building to themselves near the new Hope's Peak Academy on the condition that they go to weekly therapy sessions.

"Hey, Fuyuhiko! How was the session today?" His roommate asked, walking from the kitchen to the yakuza to guide him to the couch.

Fuyuhiko shrugged off his roommate's hands from his shoulders. "Not today, Mikado. I...really don't want to see anyone right now." He walked over to his bedroom and closed the door behind him.

The hacker lowered his hands disappointed, but understanding. A short while ago, he had been attacked by a hitman in an alley and pretended to be dead while he took a picture of the 'body'. Once that mysterious person went away, Mikado limped away and accidentally stumbled across a Future Foundation camp. They quickly took him in and got him to the main building via helicopter for emergency treatment.

Soon enough, somebody found his profile that the Kisaragi Foundation made, and he was grouped with the Remnants of Despair as a 'person of high-risk' and was forced to go to therapy as well. He met up with Fuyuhiko only by being his roommate, and they slowly hit it off. Fuyuhiko's responsible nature kept a leash on Mikado's impulsiveness, and Mikado's analytical abilities helped him read Fuyuhiko's mood and keep his temper under control.

At the moment, Fuyuhiko seemed to be in a grieving mood and needed space. Mikado silently went to the living room by himself and turned on the news, hoping that he could find something to cheer Fuyuhiko up when he was ready to talk again.

***

Art credit: kxisuke on instagram (yes, I screenshotted part of an edit again)