Chapter 44: Reality Continues to Ruin My Life

Well I'm in a hurry to finish this book because I'm super excited about my next one, but at the same time I don't want this to end because it's been my pet project since June. Anyway this chapter is dedicated to dijahobbs for keeping me ontop of my updates. Seriously guys, I can post a chapter and in two minutes she'll be asking for the next one, talk about commitment. Anyway, thank her for me getting this one out so soon. The songs on this chapter's playlist all have something in common, let's see who can tell me what it is;)

"Style" Phil Ogden Band
"Again Today" Brandi Carlile
"Please Don't Leave Quite Yet" Adam Agin
"You Make Me Happy" Lindsey Rey
"I'll Take You" Phantom Tortoise
"Sleeping At Last" Turning Pages
"The Backpack Song" Bear Attack
"Love Runs Out" One Republic
"Babes" Icky Blossoms
"Shout Now" Melissa Etheridge
"Jack and Jill" Katie Herzig
"Change My Needs" Scars on 45
"Where the Lonely Ones Roam" Digital Daggers
"Happiness" The Fray
"Until it Hurts" Fransisca Hall
"Kill of The Night" Gin Wigmore

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Alison's POV

Yelling and banging on my front door wakes me up from my restless nap. I can tell it's one of the girls so I go down to get the door before my mother does. When I open the door, I'm shocked to see a frantic and crying Hanna on my door step.

"Hanna, what happened?" I ask concerned.

"It's Emily, you have to come with me right now," she cries and grabs my arm, dragging me to the car.

"Emily is not my responsibility anymore," I say, my bottom lip trembling.

"She's in trouble!" Hanna sobs and tries to keep pulling me. "She would help you if she was in the same situation."

"We aren't the same people," I say as another car pulls into my driveway. "I'm sorry."

"She's going to find him," Spencer jumps out of the car and gives me the news that makes my heart drop. The air is stolen out of my lungs and all coherent thought goes out the window. I quickly jump into Spencer's car and fasten my seatbelt as she speeds down the road.

"How do you know?" I ask and she hands me a note that was sitting on her dash.

"She left me that," Spencer says as I read the letter.

Spencer,
I'm truly sorry for how I hurt you. You reacted how anyone would to hearing such shocking news and I jumped on you for it. You're one of my best friends, hell, you're even a sister to me. Which is why I had to tell you what I'm doing now. I'm going to find Master. He needs to pay for what he did to Alison, so I'm make sure he doesn't get away with it. Tell Ali I'm sorry, and that I love her. Because I know I'm probably not going to come back.
Emily

"There's no way she can find him, he's not stupid," I say after reading. I can't believe this is true. Although I know it is, because I pushed her to do it.

"That's not necessarily true, I found him," Spencer counters, her hands gripping the wheel so hard her knuckles turn white.

"Yeah but you're you. You chart things, write it down, map," as I think more and more about it, a realization dawned on me.

"We have to go to your house now," I say urgently.

"Already on it," she says just as horrified.