Night 3: Sasha

I knew that this day would come. 

Secretly, I was praying that it wouldn't come, but my common sense side of my brain said otherwise.

Draco pulls up in a white convertible, and I run out in my tied shirt with black denim shorts and a sparkly purse. He smiles, and I put the directions into the Maps app.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Draco asks as he follows the directions.

"Let's forget about everything," I suggest, and Draco nods.

"So I guess you'll be busy. You know, with swim team and Student Council and stuff." He states.

"Not really. Swim is only Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Student Council meetings are once a week." I reply as Draco gets to Santa Monica Boulevard. The ocean becomes clearer at every light, and I smile more.

"That's the Pier?" Draco points to the Pier with the carnival rides and a whole bunch of people.

"Yup!" Draco turns perfectly into a parking space by a group of benches. We both get out, and I'm home.

 I used to come here almost every single day, then I became more involved with school, meaning less time to hang out here. Draco extends his hand out to me, and I take it. We walk to the entrance, and a familiar sense of excitement greets me. 

"Two unlimited passes please." Draco pays. I'm shocked.

"You didn't have to do that," I say as we walk into the park.

"But I did." He retorts happily, and we look for a ride to go on.

"The Scrambler?" I ask, pointing to the ride that pushes you so close to the barrier that you may hit it. 

"Whatever you want," Draco says as I lead him through the crowd. We scan our wristbands and get into a seat. I strap in and help Draco do the same. I pull down the bar, and Draco is confused.

"Is the ride this unsafe?" He asks and I laugh.

"It's for safety so smaller kids don't fall," I explain as the ride starts up. We are swung around in all different directions, and I squeal in excitement. Draco, on the other hand, looks scared.

"You okay?" I yell over the screaming kids. Draco nods, and I see him smiling.

We hope off, and Draco looks at me. "That was cool," He says and I nod. He looks up at the Sea Dragon and takes my hand.

"This one." I nod, it was my favorite ride. We hop in at the very back, and I was ready to soar above all my troubles. We start to soar up and I hear Draco scream. We both laugh until we get hiccups, then grab some popcorn and pretzels. Draco wins me a soft, brown teddy bear with a green bow. Cliche, I know, but still awesome.

We decide to finish the night on the Ferris wheel, and I can tell Draco wanted me to get on this with him. We soar high above and stop at the top for people to get on and off. I admire the ocean and how it looks at twilight.

"Sasha?" Draco asks quietly.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry about your parents." He takes my hand, and I lean on his shoulder.

"Thanks." I smile. Draco's blue-grey eyes stare into my hazel eyes, and he kisses me.

Woah, fireworks. He tasted like mint and fresh apples. When he lets go, I blush. I simply lay on his shoulder again, and my brain does a happy dance.

Draco drops me off at home. "Thanks again for today. I had a lot of fun." I say, and Draco kisses my cheek.

"Anytime. Maybe we can do something else this week?" He suggests.

"I would love that." I blush and let myself in.

Oh.

My.

God.

I scream happily and call Diara.

"Hello?" She answers.

"OH MY GOD DIARA YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED!" I happily squeal, and I tell her everything. I cuddled the bear, which I named Hazelnut in my arms. Diara tells me that Cameron asked her to Homecoming, so now we both have dates. Jenson came home while I was doing my homework and knocks on the door.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" He flops on my bed.

"Better if you would get off my bed." I retort. Jenson snickers.

"Fine, but seriously. You seem happy." He leans on my shoulder.

"Go away." I joke and swat his head. He laughs and heads to bed.

I get an alert from my phone from Snapchat. Draco had added me. The first thing he sent was a picture of me on a ride.

That was fun, he captioned it.

I snap a picture of myself back and caption it, "The alien has found Snapchat."

He responds instantly, an alien emoji covering his face. "I come in peace." I laugh.

I Facetime him, picking up where we left off. "I mean you gave me a teddy bear, so of course you come in peace." I joke. Draco is sitting on his bed, pillows behind him. He moves his hair up and I try not to squeal.

He laughs. "Hey, are you doing anything this Friday?" He asks me.

I think. "I don't think so. Jenson will be out after school, so probably home doing nothing," I reply.

"How about we go out and do something? Your choice." Draco offers. He just asked me out on a date.

Must not scream yet.

"We can go to a drive-in movie theater." I offer.

Draco thinks. "Sure, why not? What time?" He asks.

I go online on my computer. "There's one about twenty minutes from us, and it starts at eight. We can get food and go there. So maybe 5:45?" I offer.

"I'm free. Shoot, my phone's gonna die. Call you in the morning?" Draco asks kindly.

I nod. "See you." I hang up and smile as I fall asleep.