Night 9: Sasha

Sometimes, I wonder if I will ever feel truly happy again.

I haven't felt truly happy since before Mom and Dad left. There are moments where I think I'm happy, but then I realize that it's just a single moment in time.

It's not a guarantee.

I lay on my bed, drowning out my worries with music. Jay-Jay was working, Diara had her piano lessons, Cameron has work, and Draco and I aren't speaking at the moment.

I could hang out with Taylor.

I could just relax.

I'll relax.

The world suddenly faded away, the music lifting me up to the sky. My worries detached from my mind and fell back down to Earth.

I don't know how long I stood in my own world. But it was a while.

My phone bings, bringing me back down to Earth. It's Draco.

Come outside. Please.

I get baby butterflies, but remind myself that I was angry with him.

Fine.

I put on a warm sweater and step outside. Draco motions for me to follow him to the rooftop. I climb the ladder quickly. He offers me his hand to help me up, but I don't need it. I sit facing the street, my back towards Draco.

"What? Scared you'll fall in love with me if you look?" I know he's smirking. The twang of his accent made my stomach do flips, but I ignore it.

"Come on Sasha, you know I didn't mean it." He swiftly moves my head so I look into his blue-grey eyes. I stare straight into them, almost as if I'm challenging him.

"I'm not normal, Draco. If you want normal, we should part ways now." I say, and Draco moves closer.

"I want you, Sasha. You are my normal." I fall into his arms, smiling.

"I'm so sorry, Sasha. I really am," Draco says softly.

"No, I'm sorry. I overreacted, today was just one of those days." I sigh.

"It's alright darling come here." His British accent shines through, making me feel all warm and fuzzy.  I scoot closer, letting him wrap his arms around me. He smelled like expensive cologne and green apples.

"I love you." He says. Those words sound so foreign, but so right.

"I love you too." I smile as I say those three simple, but powerful words.

After Draco left, nightmares flooded my mind like a broken dam. I tossed and turned, but never slept. I took two Melatonins, but neither worked.

At around three, I took a walk. The cool, black night made me feel calm inside. There was a slight breeze, blowing in comfort and assurance. A tall figure stares at me.

"He..hello?" I ask. The figure steps closer to the streetlight.

"Draco?" I ask.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, looking around nervously.

"I couldn't sleep." I say simply. "And you?"

"Same." Draco's eyes dance. Is he hiding something?

I shiver a bit. "Are you cold?" He asks kindly.

"It's colder than I thought." I say, my hands on my upper arms. Draco pulls off his evergreen sweater and hands it to me.

"Thanks." I pull the hoodie over me and feel the soft fleece against my bare arms.

"Sleep well." Draco kisses me softly and lets his hand brush mine.

"You too." I head home, my mind slowing down. Draco had this way of making the world seem so simple and easy. He made the rest of the world irrelevant, the only things that matter are him and me.

That's it.

A world of simple, pure, true love.

I fall asleep still wearing Draco's sweater and letting our song play in my head. My mind lingers on one thought.

What was Draco doing outside?

And why didn't he want me there.

A/N:

I'm posting this at 11 at night, sorry guys! I was on a road trip and didn't have time to write. Happy Thansgiving!!