Twenty two

Flashback

I had finally escaped from St Mary's. A place full of lies and torture. I resented my parents for sending me there, not once but twice. I wanted to get back at them, I became vengeful. But those feeling were whisked away when I reached the front door. On the flight back from England my mind was scanning for a plan. How could I make them feel guilty? What's the best way to hurt them emotionally? In the end I became the one who felt guilty.

I pounded on the front door after receiving no answer and I knew they were present due to the cars parked outside. Eventually the doors opened and I was greeted with an empty hallway. "Mum! Dad? Jeonghan?." I called.

"CRASH"

I ran to where the sound had come from and ended up in the living room. I froze when I saw the scene. By mother was passed out, her body full of cuts and bruises. My father was being held at gunpoint by a man in all black and lastly my twin brother, Yoon Jeonghan was sat in the corner of the room, a blade lodged in his abdomen. There was five strangers standing around containing my family from fighting back. Once they noticed me, one of them stormed up to me and grabbed me by my hair. "Now this is a bonus, the Angel sister came to save her family." He said.

I punched the stranger in his nose causing him to groan and fall back in pain. I fixed my posture before throwing myself at my next target. Just as I was about to pummel my heel into his stomach he disabled my attack by catching my foot and throwing me to the other end of the room where a different man in black began to attack me, he pulled me by my shirt and boxed my face. This is it. I slid my hands around the back of his head and slammed it against my own causing him to become dazed and release his grip on me. I grabbed a throwing star out of the pocket sewn into my bra and directed it to the stranger that previously held me, landing in the slit of his neck. I didn't have time to watch the blood pour out since another came charging towards me. Luckily for him he managed to wrap his arms around my throat, I could breath. I tried elbowing him but failed to get him off me. My next move was to bend over, bite him arms and flip him over my shoulder and on the floor. I knocked him out with the heel of my foot connecting harshly with his skull.

In the corner of my eye I could see my mother grabbing her gun, she looked at me as she struggled and shook her head, telling me not to help her. Her hands shook as she pointed the gun at the man whose nose was now broken. After she pulled the trigger, she ended up being knocked out by her own pistol. Meanwhile I was in the sight of another. He stormed up to me swinging his fist but I avoided it and shoved him into the fireplace, he tripped over the metal guard and landed in the flames unable to get up, his screams filled the unusually quiet air. After finally escaping the fire, he remained passed out. "Well, it's true what they say about this family." Said the man who held my father at gunpoint. It was when I realised that my whole family were dazed.

"Leave them alone." I warned.

"Your quite famous Miss Yoon. You spark fear in the most dangerous people." He said.

I took a step towards him but he held the gun tighter to my fathers loose head. "Move a step closer and he dies."

I held my hands up in defence "fine. Just tell me what you want, you can have it."

"We want you and your mother."

"We? Who's we? And why do you want us?" I questioned.

"Your mother was just like you when she was younger. And if we had her on our team we could achieve so much." The stranger explained.

"D-don't g-go with t-them." My father slurred.

"I don't have to tell you what will happen if you don't." He warned.

My only choice was to obey. It was the moment I felt weakest, no amount of strength was going to save us. That was also the last time I saw my father and brother.

The next thing I knew, me and my mother was trapped in a dark cold room. Mum was unconscious, her body was fragile and she was losing a lot of blood. I took of my jacket and covered the major wound on her arm. "Mum, please wake up." I shook her but nothing was happening.

We spent weeks in that place and there was no way I could fight back without getting my mother injured. "You need to leave, Soyoung."

My head jolted in her direction. "No we need to leave."

She caressed my cheek and forced a smile "honey, the moment we become strong enough to leave they dose us up. But you, you had the serum from St Mary's. It's not affecting you as much as me. That's why you need to get out of here."

Tears began streaming down my face as she said those words "I can't leave you. You're all I have left. They killed father and Jeonghan."

"Please Soyoung. The gang is broken now. Only you can save it. Please do it for me." She argued.

I kept shaking my head but she repeated the same words over and over until I agreed. As much as I didn't want to, it was my mother's wish and she wouldn't take no for an answer. That's how I ended up failing to escape. I also hadn't seen my mother since then. They promised to let her go if I did as they asked. But it took years.