Chapter 54: Just Be Patient

//Riley's P.O.V//

What in the actual hell! Why is this happening!? I mean as long as Colby's happy, I'm happy but like...why Shea? Out of all the people in the world, why did he pick the worst one? Does that mean when the baby is born, she's gonna live here? Then when I'm 18 I'll either have to leave or they will?

My phone buzzes so I pick it up and see a text from Parker.

Parker.r- hey, how are you? :)

Rileybrock- meh, i've been worse

Parker.r- aww, what's wrong?

Rileybrock- nothing, just some family stuff

Parker.r- oh, I'm sorry

Parker.r- if there's anything I can do to help just lmk

Rileybrock- I will, thank you..

Parker.r- ofc <3

I set my phone back down and lay on the my bed. I hear a knock on my door.

Riley: come in

As the door opens I see Colby walk in.

Colby: hi...

Riley: hi.

Colby: are you doing ok?

Riley: yeah, why wouldn't I be?

Colby: you just seemed kinda upset downstairs

Riley: oh, no I'm fine

Colby: please don't lie to me Riley...I know you're not fine

Riley: I am though

Colby: ....I don't believe you

Riley: idc if you do or not. Ik how I feel and ik that I feel fine

Colby: ...ok, I'm sorry

Why did I say that?!

Riley: no no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so rude. I just...idk

Colby: does this have to do with me and Shea or something else?

Riley: both....

Colby: can you tell me what's wrong?

Riley: I can but I'm too scared to

Colby: why

Riley: because I don't want you to be mad or sad about what I say

Colby: I won't be

Riley: fine....

Colby sat down next to me on the bed. Then I began to explain everything.

Riley: ...to be completely honest I really don't like Shea. She has been very very rude to me since she has started hanging around us all. She is also rude to everyone else in the friend group. The only time she's nice to us is when you're around. I really don't trust her and that's why I'm so worried about this whole baby thing.

I've thought about this happening in the past and I don't want that to mess up anything between us...you adopted me which means I am legally your child. I don't like mentioning it because to me it sounds weird. Especially since you're only 7 years older than me. I've always thought of you as an older brother rather than a father and I hope that doesn't disappoint you. I've never had a good father figure in my life which makes it much harder to imagine what it would be like...but I did have an older brother so I do know what its like to lose one and because of that I'm even more afraid to lose you...

Colby: wait you had an older brother? My mom never said anything about you having an older brother

Riley: well its sorta hard to explain but...he was a part of a family that fostered me for a while. And even though I hated all of the foster homes I went to, he was really really nice to me and treated me like I was his sister and I felt happy for a while. Then I was ripped away from him when I got sent back and I haven't seen him since then.