September 12, 2018

When the Lord feels distant, when I feel He's acting unkind, will I stand on what I know is true? Will I be faithful? Will I stay confident in Him?

Isaiah 45-46: There's no other God. He's the Creator of all things. Who are we to speak against our Maker? All His creation and actions are for His divine purpose. Those that seek HIm won't be ashamed. He'll save! He's promised, His words are true and righteous. He's Just; a Saviour! If we look to Him alone, He'll save. All people will declare He's Lord. If not now, then, in the day of the Lord. The Lord won't cast us off even as we age to be no more "useful". He's our God forever. He has no equal. There's none who we can describe Him to for comparison. Remember His deliverance. Don't go back. All His words shall come to pass. Don't be stubborn but repent. The day of the Lord is coming.

Ecclesiastes 8: Because of original sin, men's hearts are desperately wicked. Sin flourishes in the hearts of men, and often goes unchecked since they assume they're going to get away with it. But only they that fear the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 7: There's a constant struggle we deal with. A desire to be holy, yet we slip. This isn't wilful sin. In this we find grace. Praise God this internal war will be done away with in heaven.